Anyone remember there first chainsaw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Might be like your first car . Dad bought a electric chainsaw ran enough cord out in the ally an drop a dead tree ,was hook on cutting after that . Really knew nothing about dropping a tree . I ran the cord to every dead tree I could find in cord distance that day . Was only about 14

IMG_20170216_194259.jpg
Yep. An 070 with 41 and 36" bar I bought off Craigslist from a guy 20 mins away. I ran my brothers craftsman 2 months before and swore I would never buy a piece of crap like that.
That Craftsman on the left might change your opinion. But the 011AVT on the right is the first saw I ever ran.

Bought a new 028 around 1980 then a new 041 a couple of years later while cutting all the wood for myself and my parents. Had a real bad spell with my back and wanted something lighter, so I sold both saws and bought a the first 024 that my dealer received. Still have it today, along with a few others.

My first one used was jonsereds from my grandfather I only remember it was heavy for me at 12old. They first one bought with my € was a stihl 009 that I sold to my cousin 2 years ago.

Envoyé de mon SM-G361F en utilisant Tapatalk

Given to me in 1968 or 9 a Homelite Super Xl Mini Auto by my neighbor who was so frustrated with it not cutting I have never come across a saw with a so blunt chainI I sharpened it & offered it back to him but he said keep it as he had bought a replacement He was some what pi**ed when he saw how good it cut with a sharp chain must have had around a 100 more pass through my hands since then retaining around 15 & still having the XL Mini

First saw I paid money for was a Stihl 030av back in 1982, still like those saws, sold two really nice ones a few years back and wish I would have kept one, I did just find a really nice 031av, so it will hold me over until another 030av comes along....:)s-l300.jpg

I have never bought a new saw....Yet. my dad had a Mac back when I was in my mid teens, love using it but he didn't let use it often. The first one that was actually mine I received with a house I had bought. The previous owner left it with the house to help feed the woodburning stove in the living room. It was a poulan 2150. I still have it and use it often.

Mine was a Pioneer 1074. My uncle had this saw and broke the throttle handle(crankcase halfs) My dad had another that had a good handle. I took them both apart and made one good one. I still have the saw. That was about 25 years ago.
My first brand new saw is my Poulan Pro 255. Got that about a year or two after the 1074.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dads Homelite C9 and 2 Hom 650s. First new saw 028 Super, still have. View attachment 559400

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Nice look'n 028, had one in very nice shape a few years back, a pic of a 031 like the one I just bought Saturday from the original owner with manuals, it's in equal condition, pulled it completely down, cleaned it up and replaced a faulty condenser and deleted the base gasket, it now runs great!......:)maxresdefault.jpg

First saw I ever ran was a Poulan Wild Thing; first saw I could call my own was a Stihl 012AVEQ. Great saw. Don't have it anymore...

Nice look'n 028, had one in very nice shape a few years back, a pic of a 031 like the one I just bought Saturday from the original owner with manuals, it's in equal condition, pulled it completely down, cleaned it up and replaced a faulty condenser and deleted the base gasket, it now runs great!......:)View attachment 559402
Wow that looks cherry . I've bought and sold 6 or 7 028s. Have a couple projects 028s now. This one salvaged from a fire. Strong runner. Mostly bungeed to skid steer and tractor. Definitely nice not caring about banging around.20160613_124412.jpg20160613_124332.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yep,still have it,

IMG_1895.jpg

In 1991 my dad had hernia surgery and didn't want me cutting wood with a non chain brake saw.

We went to the Husqvarna dealer that sold both chainsaws and sewing machines and got a Husky 41. I owned that saw for almost 20 years although as soon as I was allowed to use the L65 that quickly became my favorite. I don't think it ever needed anything more than a carb kit.

First saw I "acquired" was a Homelite C5 that I earned for leaf raking from my elderly neighbor at probably age 14 or 15.

First saw I bought was a Jonsered 2165 back in 09'.

Back