Anyone still use one of these!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72 Ford one ton with a big stick loader. Here in the mountains of NC it is hard to beat the ability to skid logs and brush up hills where there is no access for a grapple truck....though a grapple would be great for the loading once it is all accessible. This truck has been working for our company since 1995 and keeps on tickin.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's really cool. Do you have any more pics loading the truck?

My dad had a two bunk pulpwood BigStick loader back in the late 60's, early 70's. Later on he sold it and bought a Kennemer log loader, same thing, just chain swing instead of cable swing. Aint no telling how many cords of wood we hauled with that type loader. To this day I still believe a cable loader is the best tool for clearing house lots. If you can get on a 1 acre lot, you can set in one place and reach every tree on the lot. Run the cable down the middle of a creek, cut the brush, letting it fall across the cable, and put it all up in one pass. Need to skin a beef, just hang it up with the cable. Pulled many a stuck car or truck out of the mud and motors out of vehicles. Versatile piece of equipment if the operator knows what he's doing

Latest posts

Back