Anyone use maxima castor 787 oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Not trying to start an oil thread but anyone use this is the saws Blower or strong trimmer or other non dirtbike uses? Bought one to try I was looking for motul 710 or 800. I've always used stihl ultra fb rated ( I got scared away since everything I own wants fd or better. And Echo power blend since I own mostly echo stuff It leaves tons of carbon everywhere and gives me a headache. I realize the cheaper stihl oil is rated fc or fd but I'm asking about these moto oils.

I think stihl ultra has the fb rating only because it is not a low smoke oil, other than that it exceedes fd jaso and tcw ratings
How isn't it low smoke lol? way less smoke then fd rating oils I used it for years my husky blower started knocking that's the only thing that ran on in the 2 years I had it new. Not saying that was the problem but that's when I noticed it wasn't what the manual calls for

927 will separate from your gas after awhile so shake your mix before putting it in your saw. I used it in my saws and my banshee years ago.

howdy-

I tried the castor oils, but for OPE it is totally the wrong move, unless you like manually scraping carbon from your piston every few months. Also the racing oils are not solvent diluted, so the viscosity is so heavy it can affect your carb tuning. Racing oils are sae 40 or 50 wt, while the factory standard is sae 20 wt (or "injector" oil).

Stick with a factory oil or a good iso GD low ash oil. OPE engines need a detergent-dispersant additive for long term operation.

My favorites- any low ash PWC oil (FD rated not tcw-3) which also contains additional corrosion protective additives.

howdy-

I tried the castor oils, but for OPE it is totally the wrong move, unless you like manually scraping carbon from your piston every few months. Also the racing oils are not solvent diluted, so the viscosity is so heavy it can affect your carb tuning. Racing oils are sae 40 or 50 wt, while the factory standard is sae 20 wt (or "injector" oil).

Stick with a factory oil or a good iso GD low ash oil. OPE engines need a detergent-dispersant additive for long term operation.

My favorites- any low ash PWC oil (FD rated not tcw-3) which also contains additional corrosion protective additives.
Where does motul 710 or 800 fall?

I have been waiting for someone to start an oil thread, I didn't want the stigma.
Does anyone have an opinion on this Legend brand oil. It came out good in tests.
Here are some links about it. It is a highly refined mineral oil. The claim is mineral oil burns better in the combustion process than a synthetic. Also, it exceeded Klotz R50 in the bearing test. It was the only oil that exceeded the capacity of the machine.

http://www.legendperformance.com/media/2StrokeAnalysis.pdf
http://www.snowest.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-286148.html

Here is a quote from the tester.
TESTED: Legend ZX-2SR: First off under the microscope this oil is not a synthetic oil, but an ultra pure highly refined mineral oil, the molecules are very small, the pour point was -54f. R.P.M. before brake down of the oil viscosity and film strength is unknown. My test unit only goes to 16,000 R.P.M. and the oil never broke down. This oil is going to be my new oil in my new rush switchback 800, and yes i checked the oil three times in my machines this oil is the best i have tested. I have to thank my friend jeff for giving me this oil to test.

Uh oh........the pdf linked to above is going to get a reaction from some of the guys who use the Lucas. Be nice to see how some of the other popular oils we use stacked up in his testing.

Waylan

Back