aqua therm owb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was at the mn state fair on saturday and stopped at the aqua therm tent to look around, i got to talking with them and explained i owned a convenience store in se mn and they were telling me how they are looking for someone to become a dealer in my area. I know how owb's work but the ones i'm familliar with are homemade owb's. So i'm posting on here if anyone has one, if they like it, how their customer service is, or any other info.

I have an IWB that my dad purchased from them circa 1982. It's built very well and has never leaked but that is all I can say.

The owner told me KFI does the fabricating 7 miles from me, and the president owns a business in that town as well so customer service for me would be ok (i hope). I wanted to know if it was a bad unit or a good one cause i refuse to sell garbage just to make more profit...

Unless quality has changed (which it certainly could have in 24 years) they were a good operation. Should be some folks around that have newer ones.

i saw that site and 2 reviews tell me their customer service sucks, and the other ones show its a good product... hard to tell from those. One guy in the town where i live had one and his shed burnt down cause something was faulty or something like that. another guy in my area said he liked his but got rid of it cause he was sick of getting firewood. there is another guy in my town that has one who used to be a dealer of theirs according to the aqua therm owner and president that i met at the state fair but i haven't gotten a chance to talk to him yet.

I'm not so sure I'd want to jump into the selling of OWBs, with no prior direct thorough experience with them. Potential buyers will be looking for the same level of service from you, that you are looking for from the manufacturer. That's not to say that you can't give it, or try hard to - but it can turn into a major headache without that prior background to rely on. OWBs are getting an increasingly bad rap these days too, it seems - so you'd be exposing yourself to some of that too.

Also big problem is outdoor boilers are sold by dealers with no heating experience at all. Burnt wires and Air Conditioners that have contractors powered all winter [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back