Arbor Master climbing class...any thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny37

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Arbor Mastor is having a level 1 climbing class in ashville NC in late march. i have zero climbing experience. I typically trim and take down trees from the ground. But i want to expand into climbing. This class costs 729 for three 8 hour days. Introduces ropes, knots, climbing with spurs, and some rigging concepts. What do you guys think? I know its not as good as working with an experienced climber. That is not an option...so this class seems like a good starting point. What do you guys think? thanks for any suggestions or input

I've never heard of this class, but I took a class from ACRT in Akron, OH. It was well worth it. Similar pricing for a 5 day course. We went over a lot of safety and performed an aerial rescue.

Do it if you have the time and money. Well worth the money. I took their week long course 20 plus years ago when they first started out. I don't know if Ken and Rip still teach the classes but you will get a lot of knowledge.

Latest posts

Back