ashley insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuneshop

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well folks,I've lurked here for a couple years,but now I have a situation and need some info.

I've purchased a used Ashley insert,model no. on the tag says cahf-2.When I google search for this thing,the only info I can get seems to be where it was EPA approved.

I'm aware Ashley,as a company ,is gone .but do any of you guys have any info on this stove?

The flue spot on the stove doesn't have a round connection.Was it a catalytic stove ?If I were to manufacture a flue connection,would it heat properly without the catalyst(hypothetically of course)?

any info or advice wuold be appreciated...thanks

They are now owned by Martin Hearth and Heating...You might try them for parts...

Does it have one converter or two?...

apparently the converter has been removed since it appears to somehow mount on top of the stove.What happens if it is fired without it(hypothetically)

apparently the converter has been removed since it appears to somehow mount on top of the stove.What happens if it is fired without it(hypothetically)

Your house probably burns down...

I really don't know the stove, so I can't answer the question...But if you have a way to control the air I would guess you could...

manual available

Hi,

I know i'm a few years late but someone may need this information on the Ashley wood stove cahf2. I contacted us stoves (USSC) who absorbed ashley some time ago and they gave me a PDF of the manual.
Hope it helps. B

Ashley Parts

Hi,

I know i'm a few years late but someone may need this information on the Ashley wood stove cahf2. I contacted us stoves (USSC) who absorbed ashley some time ago and they gave me a PDF of the manual.
Hope it helps. B

If anyone is interested, I have some misc. Ashley or King Parts for stoves, furnaces or inserts.
We sold 900 Ashley units in one year.
chainsawlady

ashley woodstove

I have a older model ashley probably made in the 1940's or 50's.I put a line r in 2010.A piece of stainless steel, the liner i replaced was not stainless and lasted about 25 years.

I have this insert and I don't think it has a converter on top. Mine works fine, it's not connected to stove pipe or anything, but it dumps smoke into a good lined chimney with a good draw.

Latest posts

Back