Autotune and rev boost

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristiano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im looking for a new chainsaw. There seems to be available from reputable manufactures like Husqvarna only models with autotune carburetor (555, 560xp). I would need a saw 60cc for forestry logging and also for log building work. As Im understood the autotune is working only in two modes: idle and full speed. But i would need medium speed (half rpm) on log buliding jobs. Also no need for rev boost, because i would like to change saw chainspeed comfortably. So for this case i have to set aside 560xp and prefer 555 ?! But the main question: does autotune saws enable smoothly variable chainspeed (low-medium-high) ? I have got some answer from dealer, that yes its possible, but theres a need to adjust the autotune carburator after some working time or something..

Rev boost is accomplished by crankcase stuffers and temporary advance ignition, mainly for delimbing benefits.

AutoTune is replacing the carburators adjustment screws.

Comparing our previous generation CS2152 with a new CS2253WH, the newer saw with CarbControl, runs smoother over the entire continous speed register.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

If Im looking for product specs for CS2253WH, it says "rapid acceleration" and good for limbing work. For Log building work i dont need "rapid acceleration". I would like to have an ordinary old school variable rpm chains speed chainsaw. Does this autotune thing on husqvarna saws able normal variable speed ?

Jonsered CS2252 (Husqvarna 545) and CS2258 (Husqvarna 555) might be alternative choices, all of these having Autotune carburators, which I find gives superior throttle control, compared to our other older saws.
Preferring heated handles, as I do, requires the top models though.

If Im looking for product specs for CS2253WH, it says "rapid acceleration" and good for limbing work. For Log building work i dont need "rapid acceleration". I would like to have an ordinary old school variable rpm chains speed chainsaw. Does this autotune thing on husqvarna saws able normal variable speed ?

At least they aren't worse in that regard than regular carbs - and some say they are better.

Chainsaws basically aren't meant to be run on partial throttle though, so that's something you do on your own risk.

I have run partial throttle on Partner 4600 for a long time, nothing has happened, it seems natural. Maybe im going to leave this saw for "brushing" and take this 555 for main cutting, altough it seem uncomfortable to switch saws while working on one corner notch. I think i will take the risk and start using 555 on partial throttle also.

Using my new 550XP last weekend, after it learned where it needed to be (first half tank, maybe?), part or full throttle, it was pretty transparent at all throttle positions and RPM. Just to run it, if you had told me if was an old-school carb'd engine, I would have believed you.

Mike

It apparently figures out part throttle from the full throttle info. After I got a few cuts WOT in the wood, it performed well everywhere.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back