• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold available for pick up at PA gtg this weekend only

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
OFFER NOW CLOSED, thanks for shopping Dastardly Dave's Discount Danger Den

Not shipping anything, this is the stuff piling up in my garage that i don't actually use these days.
I don't do any tree work or burn wood.
Don't read anything into this list, I am not on the OUTS with any of the builders who's saws I am offering up, I would buy any of them a beer and let any of them hold my wallet.
I simply have too damn many saws, i have been keeping stuff for too long that needs a new home and someone to love and use it.
I think my prices are pretty fair and all GFYs graciously accepted.
Price as PHO unless it says they include b/c in which case it is oem bar or the proper brand and either a good oem chain or a new Oregon chain of the right size, etc.
I do have bars and chains for all saws so if you need one for a saw you intend to purchase let me know what to bring.

Questions from anyone actually going to the gtg, who is thinking of buying, are welcomed.
I am short of time this season so tire kickers will be graciously ignored.

As I receive firm buying commitments on items i will mark them sold.

I am interested in interesting trades for Solo Twins or parts, restoration/custom work on some vintage saws, short new old stock bars with cool logos that i dont already own, Silveys, Zigglemeyers, Barshops, 090, 090G and parts, Lightning, Contra, Dolmar CT, Pioneer Twin, Pioneer Super Twin, complete nice runner Echo Twin, complete nice runner John Deere Twin, BP-1
thanks
Dave

Good Running Saws
Runner Stock Stihl MS200t with b/c x5 all rebuilt by Lone Wolf…$325-$500
Runner Mastermind ported with b/cMS200T, rebuild by Lone Wolf, aluminum base plate…$600
Runner Mastermind ported MS241c with b/c less than 1 tank from new…$650
Runner Snellerized ported MS201T with b/c super clean…$500
Survivor Stihl 031 beautiful, but engraved initials super clean all original with bar case chain, etc…$350
Runner Red lever 026 #20 metal badge with newish b/c …$235
Runner Red lever 026 #16 metal badge with newish b/c…$235
Runner Red lever 026 #19 metal badge with newish b/c …$235 SOLD
Runner Red lever 026 #21 metal badge with newish b/c …$235 SOLD
Runner MS260 Pro #10 with newish b/c…$235
Runner NS260 Pro #11 with b/c…$235 SOLD
Runner Husqvarna 350 writing on OEM top cover, AM top cover included if you want it…$200
Runner Snellerized ported MS362, aluminum base plate …$500
Runner Mastermind ported MS440/044.10 slant fin, aluminum base plate…$625
Runner Husqvarna 372 XP ugly – new AM top handle, am recoil, OEM 362 recoil cover included…$300
Runner 044 10mm red lever, tested badass approved, all original…$575
Runner / Project Stihl 044 10mm with choice of oem jug and carb, runner, rebuilt…$475
Runner MS440 T-Bone build , AM crankcase and jug, all else is new OEM, oem jug available…$400 / $475
Runner Huskihl ported MS441, minor problem with tank handle, spare tank handle inc…$550
Runner Scarr ported 044, aluminum base plate…$550
Runner 056 Super EQ complete working chain break, beautiful muffler and solid ignition…$375
Runner Mastermind ported 064 aluminum base plate, new top cover, metal badge still has the plastic film...$850
Runner JMSSaws ported 064/MS660* “Peanut” GTG or work saw, v stack, weenie and aluminum baseplate…$575
Runner JMSSaws ported 064/MS660/288* “Ugly Betty” GTG or work saw, v stack, weenie and alum baseplate…$600
Runner JMSSaws ported 066 redlight/288* “Scarlet” GTG saw full wrap, v stack, weenie…$650
Runner Tree Monkey ported MS660/288*…$650
Runner 084 complete oem long style filter, also includes a new oem filter…$900
Runner 084 complete oem HD style filter…$900
Runner MS880 immaculate condition fresh John Reilly Rebuild…$1150

Project Saws and Parts Saws
Project 026 Pro #17 complete, didn’t cough in 10 pulls on choke…$150 SOLD
Project 026 Pro #15 complete, didn’t cough in 10 pulls on choke…$150 SOLD
Project 026 #nn black lever metal tag complete, didn’t cough in 10 pulls on choke…$140
Project untested Jonsered 2171 new recoil, top cover, af cover, believed to be runner…$425
Project untested Poulan 5200 countervibe I think it is complete…$85 SOLD
Parts untested Craftsman 5.2 missing muffler, has handguard…$40 or $125 for both SOLD
Project Mastermind MS660* all OEM needs crank, oem crank included…$525
Project Echo Twin 610 EVL in box believe it is all there and dirty, scuffed salvageable piston…$125
Project/Parts Stihl 044 10mm, looks like good case, crank, carb, lots of the small bits, tank is crushed no cylinder…$125
Oem Cylinder for above only…$65
Oem salvageable tank for above only, needs plastic welded, but super clean otherwise…$65
Project/Parts MS441 looks like most is there including cylinder, tank, etc…$170

* all 064/066/MS660s will come with choice of 7 or 8 pin sprocket, if you want something bigger, tell me ahead of time

Bars/Chains/Signs/Grinders/Tools/Parts Lots
@25’ .325 .058 Windsor semi chisel 50J…$30
@75’ 3/8 .050 Stihl Full Chisel Skip 33RSF…$125
@50’ .404 .063 Oregon square ground old style 68CL with tie straps…$125
@40’ 3/8 .058 Stihl full chisel 35 RSC…$60
@75’ .325 .063 Oregon full chisel 35LG/22LPX…$100 SOLD
100’ 3/8 .050 Oregon old style NOS/NLA square ground new in sealed box…$325

3 partial rolls of different NOS NLA ¼ chain, please ask is interested they are not easy to get to J I do have links for them.

More than 100 various bars new and used from 10” to 59” hard nose, sprocket tip, roller nose, bow bars in all Stihl mounts, Husky mounts, large Poulan, Homelite, Jonsered (s), etc, just ask for what you need specifically, I don’t buy bulk cheap bars, just good OEM stuff…$10 - $400

Runner Minty USG Stihl grinder with extras and hedge trimmer attachment less than an hour use…$460
Project USG Stihl grinder with new in box OEM Stihl motor/capacitor…$300 (about $3 less than I have in it)
4’x5’ metal Stihl beautiful sign…$350
5’x6’ “Stihl” orange panel for lighted sign, immaculate…$425
4’x5’ metal Husqvarna sign 262 pictured, vintage and beautiful…$300
4’x5’ gorgeous colorful metallic copper metal Husqvarna vintage sign…$450
1 1/2 ‘ x 6’ Snapper mower sign with large turtle mascot…$75
2 cubic feet or more of OEM New Old Stock Stihl parts for trimmers, blowers, cut off saws, etc…$100

New in box Oregon spinner and breaker (I accidentally bought three sets instead of one)…$150 (crazy cheap 2 sets only)

You know you have too many 026s when you need to assign numbers to them. G F Y
It gets pretty noisy in the shop sometimes - all the 026/260s line up on one side and the 084s line up on the other and they hold jousting tournaments when I'm not looking, it's brutal.

Where is the pa gtg? Didn't see the thread for it.
I didn't either

Hey Guys, there are a lot of GTG and chainsaw related races, shows, etc. The one this coming weekend is put together by the Firewood Hoarders Club, they are a bunch of guys with no commercial affiliation who focus mostly on firewood, geting firewood, splitign firewood, etc. I attended last year and it was great. I don't burn wood at all or even use saws for work anymore and it didn't matter at all.

You need professional help Dave.
Why on earth would you sell a saw? What will you do if a tree goes down in your yard?

your comment has me re-evaluating my life, I really thought that I would be OK with selling some stuff and keeping only the 30+ saws i didn't list for sale, but now....dear God if a tree fell, what could i do without all these saws?!?!, I guess one of my neighbors does have an MS290 with a 20" bar i gave him a few years ago that i could borrow....hmmmm I thought i had my CAD under control and then you had to burst my fragile little bubble dammit!!!

This list has me stunned. Must've took a while to write... Thank you for sharing and especially for asking fair prices.

Thanks, i just have a hard time seeing great saws sit on a shelf, lonely and unused. Those would be good prices in my area and avoid having to pay postage (25-30 bucks) and an additional 12% in ebay and paypal fees on the item and postage.
Plus i dont have to package and ship an item and the customer can stick it in the wood for himself. Just easier all around.

Hey Guys, there are a lot of GTG and chainsaw related races, shows, etc. The one this coming weekend is put together by the Firewood Hoarders Club, they are a bunch of guys with no commercial affiliation who focus mostly on firewood, geting firewood, splitign firewood, etc. I attended last year and it was great. I don't burn wood at all or even use saws for work anymore and it didn't matter at all.
What part of PA is this being held ? I am ready for a road trip.

http://************************/forums/threads/may-26-27-28-2017-pa-g2g.17124/

I've heard that this is a great event and close to me as well. Unfortunately it takes place on a holiday weekend so its difficult for me to attend with family plans and holiday traffic etc. Hopefully one of these years though!

Cheers,
Scott

Ok, I ain't good with tech stuff, can't find the location. Where is the GTG being held?

GTG.png

It's near Altoona is all I can figure. An address for the GPS? Sorry to be a pain.

Latest posts

Back