Axes for wedging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moreover treeslayer man.
How often or long do you keep it on your back through out the day climbing hills.
Other issues is steep ground and belled trunks means a sideways swing and that gets hard, loosing speed and accuracy in a hurry when the extra weigh is extended. It's not an everyday axe for us.
its not ever on my back, normaly stuck in a stump or trash sapling nearby. i am never that far out from the landing like you guys.....couple hundred yards average.
hey i gave up a 6lb sledge for this lol.
idk how y'all wear your axe, it would pull mah britches off my skinny ass even with spenders lol.

I believe so...it's what it appears. I checked them out. Sweet axe. I can tell the clobber has the width and length. It's classed as being "new". I see an older 4 lb on E-Bay for less at $77 but just a side veiw.
"If it ain't got the girth it ain't got the worth"
"And that what she said"

That's it treeslayer! That's the one right there?... Yes it's definitely not hanging off your backside..lol. I just bought two for this job and a can of orange spray. I stepped out on the deck to paint then while they were dry and warm the eve before first day and got half of one side done and it won't spray. I leave $hit to the last min. Falling is one of the most dangerous and macho jobs and the only trade that if you paint a piece of equipment pink one of your peers with pick it up and say " cool! ,I like it" lol.

20 seconds until Gologit posts;

"Not in my neighborhood they don't":popcorn2:[

its not ever on my back, normaly stuck in a stump or trash sapling nearby. i am never that far out from the landing like you guys.....couple hundred yards average.
hey i gave up a 6lb sledge for this lol.
idk how y'all wear your axe, it would pull mah britches off my skinny ass even with spenders lol.
Lol 6 lb sledge. You ain't messing around.
Farmers tools. I use a harness with about 80% on my waist and 20% on my shoulders but the shoulders take the weight on the bend. I'll post it in bitzers thread

hmm think I need to call jameson... west boast is making sense?;)

The 4's are sorta rare but saw shops here can order them, at least the good saw shops.
Lol. I think you're talking about whiskey
but it could be a name for an Asylum state side, I'll have to ask my GF...ERM, I mean because she is from the lower 48.

"West boast is Starting to make sense"
Well that's because I have a day off today.
My excuse the other times?
To many days off.
Yes if I want the good stuff I definitely have to go through Madison's and such or eBay. I want a programmable radia again.
I had an ICOM I could program in a second and I would just use the bottom channels for floaters and program the frequencies for each job. Now we can't get them anymore. I just payed $56 last week for 2 channels that took her two minutes and they are in the middle somewhere out of number order. I'm going on my third job this year after I clean up and pull my sled and saw tomorrow. Lol

One has to own twice as many tools it seems. My Chevy's metric even.
Yes I was in grade 6 when they brought it in Canada. I'm glad I was young enough.
I remember we had a bathroom scale that was in stones, which we brought from England. 14 lb to the stone. I have to much useless information.. Lol.

.... and the only trade that if you paint a piece of equipment pink one of your peers with pick it up and say " cool! ,I like it" lol.

20 seconds until Gologit posts;

"Not in my neighborhood they don't":popcorn2:[

It took me longer than 20 seconds 'cause I spent most of the day in the woods. Or what's left of them after the fire.

And on the subject of pink axes? A few years ago I found a can of bright...as in "burn out your retinas bright" purple paint and painted my axe with it. Then I took white electrical tape and spiraled the handle with it. Kinda gave it a pschyedelic barber pole effect. It was easy to see when I dropped it the brush or tossed it out ahead of me. A lot of people commented on it and pretty soon there were a lot guys passing that can of paint around and a lot of bright purple axes on the job.
Actually you didn't really need to see that axe. The paint was so loud you could hear it.

Lol. I think you're talking about whiskey
but it could be a name for an Asylum state side, I'll have to ask my GF...ERM, I mean because she is from the lower 48.

Hahaha, very funny lover boy...Hey, if you guys don't have an axe for your wedgies, you can always try this...

amazing-funny-accidents.jpg

The falling axe is often over thought. Mine are cheap from the hardware store or box store. You just have to sort thru all twenty of em to find the best one. Cut the handle off at preffered and go. I usually lengthen the poll and widen slightly. When its time to reset the handle i buy the rafting handles from same stores. Again have to dig for the good one. Mine is somewhere between 4-5 lbs. I use to lose mine all the time before wearing it. I hate looking around for things when i should be making money.

I get what yer saying westboast. Even thru all the typos, slang, and spelling errors. I also did a lot of acid as a kid. And i know how much is in a key. Didn't learn that at school tho.

Latest posts

Back