Axes for wedging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The balance was actually a pleasant surprise, I had not spent extra time getting it balanced, either way it is a neat picture.

Claw hammer?

I'm sorry, you didn't say that at all you said "an axe with hammer capabilities" so right back at ya???? What do you mean??
Axe heaven? As in they are broken and no longer of use, Lost, or something else?
I only ever broke one handle when I forgot it at the stump and hit it with the next tree top. I'll never forget that moment. when I worked my face back and limbed out the big spruce one tree was overtop of my spruce that I didn't see or hear it fall. The trees got wet snow the night before and the disturbance was enough to bring it down.
Mainly I lose the axes. One off the back of a quad in November. Then these two I lost a few days apart, early February. One flew out of my skimmer going way to fast in the dark on my sled. I never got a change to go back. We demobed out that night and it was a long ways back.
The other one was a bit of a mystery. May have got left where we loaded close to the road late again or someone lost there's and graded it out of my truck box? Some I have burnt in fires and then the metals no good. I have lost many in holes on the coast

IMG_20160129_172710222.jpg

I'm sorry, you didn't say that at all you said "an axe with hammer capabilities" so right back at ya???? What do you mean??

I only ever broke one handle when I forgot it at the stump and hit it with the next tree top. I'll never forget that moment. when I worked my face back and limbed out the big spruce one tree was overtop of my spruce that I didn't see or here it fall. The trees got wet snow the night before and the disturbance was enough the bring it down.
Mainly I lose the axes. One off the back of a quad in November. Then these two I lost a few days apart early February. One flew out of my skimmer going way to fast in the dark. I never got a change to go back. We demobed out that night and it was a long ways back.
The other one was a bit of a mystery. May have got left where we loaded close to the road late again or someone lost there's and graded it out of my truck box? Some I have burnt in fires and then the metals no good. I have lost many in holes on the coast

View attachment 499535

I figured you meant lost, but IF it had turned out that going to Axe heaven meant they had been broken (especially since you showed a picture of just the head) I would have been rather surprised and curious about how it had been managed.

uploadfromtaptalk1461210939832.jpg

Is what I'd been referring to, so not exactly claw hammer shaped. I just didn't know what you had meant by claw hammer earlier, is the only reason I had asked.

I was getting subliminal messages from the hammer above your post.
I'm getting another one.

It's looks like Lassie...it is Lassie.
"What is it boy? Tell us what it is boy?
"Little Johnny has got his nuts caught in the reef and the tide is comming up! Lead the way boy!...lead the way!

*edit..I'm off to bed,talk to you after

I use a Fire Hooks Unlimited eight pound flat head axe that goes anywjere I do on a jobsite. It's got a flat (with chamfered edges) 3.5" by 1.5" striking surface on the pole. It was designed to hit stuff with the pole and drive them. It's not really a cutting axe, but it's made of good steel so I would imagine you could make it one by reprofiling the edge. The other letdown is the fiberglass handle, but you could hang it on a wood one as soon as you broke the fiberglass one.

I've also taken a TNT Denver tool. Really bad chopper. I was suprised how well it worked as a splitting maul.

Will upload photos in the morning when I go to work.

Back