Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is on my bench but I'm not working on it. Got er on demo. Made a couple cuts today with a 25". Pretty impressive with that bar.
image.jpg

That bottom bridge sucked, still not done, I have the muffler and rebuild to go...

I spend a lot of time on the lowers in that saw.......

This is on my bench but I'm not working on it. Got er on demo. Made a couple cuts today with a 25". Pretty impressive with that bar.
View attachment 415587

Nice. :)

View attachment 415588

My bench is empty :) no saws to work on, only rusty old truck parts,,,

661 parts for sale.jpg

i'm a dodge guy, but love the Q jet.........very good carb once you understand it. first thing is replace the float with a brass one.
My choice would be to replace both the carb and intake with a dual line Holley and an aluminum intake but some like to keep them original. My Vette is injected so I'm probably stuck with that..

My choice would be to replace both the carb and intake with a dual line Holley and an aluminum intake but some like to keep them original. My Vette is injected so I'm probably stuck with that..
mopars are funny if your not building a racer.......many don't realize the small blocks characteristics can easily be ruined by over carbing or to big a an intake runner. the spread bore lends itself nicely to long small runners like the stock four barrel intakes and some AM aluminum intakes. good am intakes have long small diameter runners such as the performer, sp2p and that holley design i can't think of.....single plane but has a built in restriction in the plenum. short fat runners and 650 cfm+ square bores make a dog unless your building a high rpm screamer.

Just got done putting one of those Super XLs together with a new piston. My piston looked worse than yours but the cylinder wasn't all that bad.
image.jpg Yeah they aren't too bad. Old timers are pretty fun to play with, for me anyway, like the new stuff also.
Just got a Solo 650VA, it CUTS!!!
First one I ever saw.image.jpg I got this far this weekend, but had to spend alot of WIFEY time so into next weekend it goes:)

mopars are funny if your not building a racer.......many don't realize the small blocks characteristics can easily be ruined by over carbing or to big a an intake runner. the spread bore lends itself nicely to long small runners like the stock four barrel intakes and some AM aluminum intakes. good am intakes have long small diameter runners such as the performer, sp2p and that holley design i can't think of.....single plane but has a built in restriction in the plenum. short fat runners and 650 cfm+ square bores make a dog unless your building a high rpm screamer.
Don't know about mopars, I was talking about that big block Corvette. I think most of them came out with a Holley carb.

Those XL12s and Super XLs are really pretty good wood cutters if you get a good chain on them. Hard part for me was running down all the little odds and ends parts for mine, I started with about half a saw which had little compression and although mine's not pretty it does run pretty good now that I have it together.

Those XL12s and Super XLs are really pretty good wood cutters if you get a good chain on them. Hard part for me was running down all the little odds and ends parts for mine, I started with about half a saw which had little compression and although mine's not pretty it does run pretty good now that I have it together.
Hit me if you ever need parts:)
And yes they cut very well, even when they look like scrap.
I like all go, no show!

Back