Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit me if you ever need parts:)
And yes they cut very well, even when they look like scrap.
I like all go, no show!
I don't think I need any parts right now but I did use about everything I had plus a few putting this last one together. I have a friend that has a couple of rough looking Super XLs, I may go over and see what they're like. I know they'll need a piston though. People must be leaning them out so they can try to keep up with the newer saws. Not me.

Went to the shop today and rounded up almost enough spare parts to build another Homelite Super 2, I think. I have no clue what the engine is out of but it is a small Homelite. I may look up some part numbers to see what it is, the starter cover I found says Super 2 so that's what I'm gonna call it. It will be a Johnny Cash Super 2 however because all the parts came from different saws.

I picked up a used 2009 Tanaka 5601. It is a very low hour saw, and appears to be a re-badged Redmax G5000. I did a muffler mod and eliminated these little fellers before I even started it......

IMG_20150330_180251-M.jpg

I slapped an 18" bar on it and a crappy, but sharp chain, and took it for a test drive in the nice weather today...

IMG_20150330_171005-M.jpg

IMG_20150330_170949-M.jpg

I like it well enough that I'm going to go deeper into it and do a little fooling with the ports and squish. It's a pretty well made saw.

My little ms461 with 24" had the ports massaged a little. Man it sure throws the chips!!!!!:cheers:
I just finished porting an 046 the other day, and yes it sure does throw them chips!

Numbers ended up at
Exhaust-97
Intake-82
Trans.-118
064 piston without cuttin the skirts, so it I had to lower the intake a lot to hit 82. I actually ground through floor a little:surprised3:. Thanks JB weld!
By the way this is the first saw the I ported, I think it turned out pretty good.

I just finished porting an 046 the other day, and yes it sure does throw them chips!

Numbers ended up at
Exhaust-97
Intake-82
Trans.-118
064 piston without cuttin the skirts, so it I had to lower the intake a lot to hit 82. I actually ground through floor a little:surprised3:. Thanks JB weld!
By the way this is the first saw the I ported, I think it turned out pretty good.
The more you play with these little devils, the more you learn!:)

Numbers ended up at
Exhaust-97
Intake-82
Trans.-118
When do I get to run it and when are you porting mine!!! Hahahaha:rock:

Numbers ended up at
Exhaust-97
Intake-82
Trans.-118

I'm gonna do one up with an 064 piston soon.

Should I do a thread?

Back