Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it as a splitter too...it's kind if a pain as a puller....but still does the job, just takes a little practice.
First screw the long puller nut to the tool then to the shaft (clutchside ) and continue to unscrew the spindle of the tool until the all tool sit to the bar studs, continue to unscrew and the case is close.

Walked into an out building at the farm and found this, charged up the battery some air in the tires and fresh gas
and she is a runner!

10373807_438150299674272_3857914873164082976_n.jpg

Ran it today and took some saws to start on the dead fall on the property. Not much good firewood but it will make an amazing bonfire.

What is the little foot leaver for?

Walked into an out building at the farm and found this, charged up the battery some air in the tires and fresh gas
and she is a runner!

Ran it today and took some saws to start on the dead fall on the property. Not much good firewood but it will make an amazing bonfire.

Gents any idea what is the little foot leaver for?

Thanks to all the tips and advice on this forum from you guys I just finished my first ever chainsaw rebuild, its a lowly stihl 023 but I put a new piston ,cylinder, rings, bearing and seals in it and it runs now.In december I had one saw and couldn't tune it now I have [cough, mumble] saws and a couple more on the way.
Next up is a husky 440 rebuild and then finish off my 066 and then......... well I guess you all know the story there.
Thanks once again.

A 390xp with oiler trouble, a 362 needing a service/clean, 201t with no spark, 201t that won't idle and 201t that needs bearings seals and gaskets and possible crankshaft after a well intentioned (?) attempt to help by removing clutch the wrong way with a breaker bar, saw was also ran with missing clutch springs and brake engaged and the wrong guage chain

A 390xp with oiler trouble, a 362 needing a service/clean, 201t with no spark, 201t that won't idle and 201t that needs bearings seals and gaskets and possible crankshaft after a well intentioned (?) attempt to help by removing clutch the wrong way with a breaker bar, saw was also ran with missing clutch springs and brake engaged and the wrong guage chain
Oops! That can't be good

I've been working on an older locomotive for the last few weeks. It was pretty rough when it came in. I've finished the engine, turbo and electrical items, and the engine is now in service. I am now welding in loads of new sheet metal in between runs. It will probably take me another month to finish because I can't have the engine for more than a few hours at a time before it goes back out to work.

IMG_20150415_075031-L.jpg

and she is a runner!

What is the little foot leaver for?

OH MAN----I want one of those so bad!! It would be perfect for collecting maple sap without tearing up the trails.
Looks like the foot lever is for the differential lock.
http://www.gatorpartsstore.com/john..._MM:_POWER_TRAIN/21520002/2152D291C0405000005

Back