band saw mill to be built

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms290

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What are the best ways to set one up to be as portable as possible? I'm in western Oklahoma for a location reference, myself and a friend are looking at plans for mills but are unsure of the most cost efficient way to build. I have been reading but for some reason have found little on band saw milling. Our target size is to be able to mill a 30 inch diameter by 16' 6" log.

Take a look at how others have already done it. WoodMizer comes to mind the fastest, since I have one in the backyard...

Scott (trailer axles) B

Is there anything on your mill you would change to make it better in your opinion?

Is there anything on your mill you would change to make it better in your opinion?

I'm not sure I could answer this question...I purchased the things on the mill I wanted. At the time, everything I needed a mill to do for the money involved was in the mill I purchased. Since the time of the purchase, WoodMizer has decided to introduce a new mill that will handle a 36" cut(at what I would call the 'hobby level'). As I've never been lucky enough to get my money back, or even walk away from a sale without anal bleeding....a new mill isn't in my future.

Scott (don't read a lot into the last sentence) B

I'm not sure I could answer this question...I purchased the things on the mill I wanted. At the time, everything I needed a mill to do for the money involved was in the mill I purchased. Since the time of the purchase, WoodMizer has decided to introduce a new mill that will handle a 36" cut(at what I would call the 'hobby level'). As I've never been lucky enough to get my money back, or even walk away from a sale without anal bleeding....a new mill isn't in my future.

Scott (don't read a lot into the last sentence) B

Good to know.

Latest posts

Back