Bandit 990 feed wheel speed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Becker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We have a Bandit 990 with 900 hours on it. Relatively little trouble with it over the years. Recently installed the retrofit kit to slow down the feed wheel speed. Makes chipping dead Ash brush much better, doesn't throw it up so violently.

Bandit 990 feed wheel speed reducer.JPG

I talked to the local dealer here about wanting to add that on a couple years ago, he didn't know there was a kit as I recall.
I had a friend with a 1390 that had that flow control, seemed like a really good idea.

How's it working on your 990, how much did it cost. I am going to hit 900hrs on mine this week.

I talked to the local dealer here about wanting to add that on a couple years ago, he didn't know there was a kit as I recall.
I had a friend with a 1390 that had that flow control, seemed like a really good idea.

How's it working on your 990, how much did it cost. I am going to hit 900hrs on mine this week.

Cost less than $600.00. Includes all hardware and hoses. Need to weld a bracket to the side. Works very well. The chipper is less likely to clog and its safer to be near the infeed area since the brush doesn't fly up and down as much. I recommend it.

Back