Bandit Chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catdiesel401

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 1993 Brush Bandit 200+ at least thats what the title says. I shut it off on the job three two weeks ago and it hasnt started since then. The first place i looked was obviously the dead battery from running the dual electric fans previously installed after a mishap. After a charge i did some other tests and found im not getting any spark. The things ive done are as follows: Distributor cap, rotor, coil, Mastercraft ignition box, ignition, All new wires, and alternator. I have been getting most of my parts under the early 80's f-150 that came with the 4.9L straight six as the parts match up and thats the motor on the machine the model is csg-649 if anyone has any knowledge on the machine and where i can get wiring schematics it would be greatly appreciated thanks for reading.

its a ferd,
Hot wire direct to the coil, arc the starter soleniod with screw driver and if the coil is good, it will at least try to fire.

I may be remembering wrong but it should just have a coil or ignition box, not both, coil wire to the cap, two 16g wires to the coil, one to the distributer one hot from the ignition switch (key) maybe a fuse in there somewheres.

My ole dump truck has a wonky ignition switch only works in a sweet spot, notably not where the starter spins, so every now and then, like every time I start her, I have to jump direct to the coil. Not an issue once warmed up, but cold starts can be a *****.

Back