Bandsaw mill build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300zx_tt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been searching for a nice chainsaw for a while now to start milling and I've come to there realization that I could build a bandsaw mill on an old trailer I have for right around the same money. I'm looking at plans trying to decide which setup I want to build, there are a few out there that look pretty rickety when done. Does Anybody have a suggestion on where I can get good plans? I don't really like the tire set up that guys use I'd rather use the cast iron wheels.

Any and all help is appreciated!

When I get started I'll be sure to post pictures!

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. Good luck!!! Post pics as you go along!!!

I bought the same plans and are very happy with them. I am currently building the mill in CAD (on the computer) so i can determine where the best location is for and axle and also stress test the metal to see if it will need reinforcing when it is being towed.

I bought the same plans and are very happy with them. I am currently building the mill in CAD (on the computer) so i can determine where the best location is for and axle and also stress test the metal to see if it will need reinforcing when it is being towed.

Cool, I'd be interested in your findings as I planned on mounting the mill to a trailer I have. Do The plans seem solid? I was afraid of buying plans and it ends up being some rinky dink thing

It will be awhile till I have the build done on the computer. I don't like coming home and spending more time on the computer after being on it all day. For the plans I would recommend them to anyone. I will be honest you will not see the plans in a book store but the will guide you to build ip the mill. From what I've seen some people will buy a harbor freight trailer and mount the mill on it and then figure out a way to get a 60/40 split on weight and lock the carriage over the axle.

Back