Base Gasket Delete. What To Use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yamabond 4....engine can be run by the time you get everything put together.

Seriously???

That's my one complaint with Motoseal, I get the saw back together and need to wait the next day to run it.

Seriously???

That's my one complaint with Motoseal, I get the saw back together and need to wait the next day to run it.

Yamaha says 60 minutes, but I just assemble and run. I probably average 30min from cylinder to running and haven't had a problem.

I see that Yamaha has a product called S518. They also list Loctite thread locker problems on their website...interesting.

Aren't all of these products made by Hylomar?

I stole this from another site-

...referring to acetoxy cure RTV silicones, aka silicones that emit a vinegar smell. Acetoxy cure silicones do not stand up to hydrocarbons, ethylene glycols, fuels, and oils which cause them to break down allowing leaks.

Oxime cure RTV silicones do not have the vinegar smell, they are often labeled as "sensor-safe" in retail establishements. Oxime cure RTV silicones hold up to, and do are not compromised by hydrocarbons, oils, fuels, ethylene glycols and the like.

The official Loctite thread will learn you more about these sorts of RTV silicones.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265016

Locktite 518 and Yamaha S518 are the same thing according to a Yamaha Master tech. He uses the locktite because it is cheaper/easier to get and he uses a lot in his work.

I still make biscuits with lard!!!!!
What about donuts?
https://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071215181657/simpsons/images/2/2c/Lard_Lad.gif

I haven't been doing this long, but I started with Permatex Black on the advice from a Stihl tec. and about a dozen saws ago switched to Yamabond 4 on the advice of people on the forum...I haven't had a problem with either.

Latest posts

Back