Bee Attack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeG

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I don't recall sharing this with you guys! ** Turn up the volume around 00:50 ** This was the 1st & Last time I tried recording while cutting.

Skip to 00:50 if you don't like the sound of 94cc's.

Results:
A 200 meter sprint
16-18 bee stings
Handful of Benadryl
A new found habit for ALWAYS LOOKING UP WHILE CUTTING
My saw spent the night in the woods along with my headgear & glasses. Sucks not being able to see!

The first half of the video you can see that I wasn't looking up as much as I needed to. Had I done that, I would have seen the hive (located @ the top of the 1st tree) getting disturbed.

About a week or so ago I noticed some bees going into a stump right off my patio. I use it as a place to put stuff occasionally. I figured I'll leave them be if they leave me be. Well on Friday my buddy and I were brewing up some beer. I put a block of wood up on it and out a bunch flew. Told my buddy not to move. They dispersed but I noticed there was one stuck to my shorts. I go to scrape him off with something and he pops off and lands on my thumb and starts stinging immediately.

Oh and they are yellow jackets not bees. So next morning got up early and murdered them all.

IMAG1099.jpg

Hey Jon, it's goin' pretty good!

I haven't been here in almost a year until this morning. I logged out and went for my morning jog and got stung by a bee. So it brought back "fond" memories which I'm sharing in this thread....

Anyway, I hope to hang out here a little more frequently! How are things on your side of town??? You gonna retire any time soon? Hell, you're comin up on that age! What are you, 40 now??

About a week or so ago I noticed some bees going into a stump right off my patio. I use it as a place to put stuff occasionally. I figured I'll leave them be if they leave me be. Well on Friday my buddy and I were brewing up some beer. I put a block of wood up on it and out a bunch flew. Told my buddy not to move. They dispersed but I noticed there was one stuck to my shorts. I go to scrape him off with something and he pops off and lands on my thumb and starts stinging immediately.

Oh and they are yellow jackets not bees. So next morning got up early and murdered them all.

View attachment 435878
Well if you think Yellow Jackets are bad you better watch out for Hornets!

The Bald Faced Hornets are the worst. A few years ago i hit a hive of them in a hollow spot in an Ash tree about 60ft up i got outta there FAST and got stung 9 times on the way down. When i got to the ground my hitch was smoking....no joke.

The Bald Faced Hornets are the worst. A few years ago i hit a hive of them in a hollow spot in an Ash tree about 60ft up i got outta there FAST and got stung 9 times on the way down. When i got to the ground my hitch was smoking....no joke.
Imagine a newb with no climbing line just a lanyard?

KenJax, good thing you're so used to being up there.

Imagine a newb with no climbing line just a lanyard?

They'd be on the ground with, if they're lucky, a broken back and a gaping wound from their freak-out causing the saw to contact them... Odds are they'd panic and kill themselves :-/

Boy aint that the truth!!! Panic can make you do some interesting things
How'dya think I wound up married?!
Hey Jon, it's goin' pretty good!

I haven't been here in almost a year until this morning. I logged out and went for my morning jog and got stung by a bee. So it brought back "fond" memories which I'm sharing in this thread....

Anyway, I hope to hang out here a little more frequently! How are things on your side of town??? You gonna retire any time soon? Hell, you're comin up on that age! What are you, 40 now??
Shiiiiitttttt.......Turned 44 a few days ago. Sux. Just working the land and tending the burn piles. Nothing new here!

One summer i got stung 150 times.wished it would have been honey bee's.every time it was hornets or yellow jackets.i keep an epi pen with me during the summer just in case.i've been stung so many times that last one could get me.doing brush jobs and clearing sucks.especially in tall weeds and grass where you can't see a hornets nest until you vaporize it with a FS250.:crazy2:

One summer i got stung 150 times.wished it would have been honey bee's.every time it was hornets or yellow jackets.i keep an epi pen with me during the summer just in case.i've been stung so many times that last one could get me.doing brush jobs and clearing sucks.especially in tall weeds and grass where you can't see a hornets nest until you vaporize it with a FS250.:crazy2:
I almost hit a Hornets nest the other day but something told me to look ,i did saw it and sprayed it.

I spend 1\2 the summer spotting and spraying.the other 1\2 getting stung.:laugh: so far so good 3 times this summer from yellow jackets. Twice from a nest in my compost pile at work and once from one nest hid in the english ivy in a retaing wall.all together i've killed out 7 nests on less than an acre.so far no hornets luckily.

Latest posts

Back