Beech & Oak Delivery Oct 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Oak smells awesome but the rest is overwhelming it and better imo.

Didnt even think of Pin Oak. Dont think its Red guys.. theres no color on it. Gotta be White or Pin. This area has a ton of all 3.

Thanks.. usually the guy drops off for free but this time I had to give him something. So I gave him bunch of hot peppers from the garden and $40. I believe there are 6 cords worth.
Pin oak is in the red oak family but it's not pin oak. It is for sure not white oak family. Look at the leaves. White oak has rounded lobes

Cambian I've been doing battle with a monster pin oak from a local golf course.
Been staring at the bark so long it's seared into my memory. Hard to both cut & split
especially if there are knots. You've got a super score there , still a bunch to do but we all love it.

Attachments

• 0315151117b.jpg
    0315151117b.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 0325151157.jpg
    0325151157.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 57
I really miss burning Beech. I wish we had it here.

I would gladly give up popple trees in favor of beech.:D

Woody is right, the leaves are not from the white oak family. Other than the bark on those rounds, it doesn't look like any northern red oak I've ever come across up here, but it is from the red oak family. Experts claim there are as much as 60 species of red and white oak in North America, and both frequently cross pollinate with other members of their own family. Perhaps this a hybridized northern red oak or a sub species of the red oak group. It is not wise to try and identify wood species on a tiny smartphone! :D

LOL. Yeah, I invited my friends to come over and smell my Beetch but the Beetch is all mine and not going to give it away. LOL
You have a lot of work ahead of you but you have some PRIME firewood too!
Another surprise today.. He said a pick up worth was left.. Guess not.

ZmNkQYmh.jpg

I got a lot of work ahead of me.

rgLSryXh.jpg

Some in the mix is I believe Hickory. Forgot to ask.

3vKFZadh.jpg

Stupid question from a great northwestern guy. What does beech smell like? I should pay one of you shipping to ship me a piece haha! But seriously what does it smell like?

Latest posts

Back