Been a long time, how is everyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been quite some time since I've been in here, but how are all the chainsaw sawyers doing these days? Timberframed still hanging out in here?

Waiting for the weather to cool off here which it has, but recently I got involved with a new local Community Men's Shop which is a very interesting organisation.
Te main supervisor has been on a vacation so I have been filling in for him.
Our Men's Shop (or Men's Shed as we call it here in Oz, there are some 700 of these all over Oz) has taken off and we have tripled our membership since December. We are running wood and metal shop classes and starting wood turning classes next week. Its a brand new shop with all donated equipment - mostly old so it needs some TLC which is what I have been involved with as well.
Might be able to go down to the milling yard tomorrow for the first time in ages and get some things ready for the coming season.

Hey jimdad, I've been hibernating too. BobL I sold a big old Homelite 7-29 to a member in Oz a couple months ago. He laughed when I sent him a picture of the saw with about six inches of snow for background, and said it was 36 where he was. I had to do the conversion, about 98, that's a little warm for my comfort zone, Joe.

I've burned through this years wood and about 5 face cords of next years wood. I'm ready for the weather to break. I did see the crocuses are starting to come up so it won't be too long. Anyhow glad to see your still around. :cheers:

I've burned through this years wood and about 5 face cords of next years wood. I'm ready for the weather to break. I did see the crocuses are starting to come up so it won't be too long. Anyhow glad to see your still around. :cheers:
Still kicking. Getting the Alaskan ready myself, have a good amount of milling this spring to do for a kitchen next year. I've had these logs cribbed up off the ground for about four years and it's time to hit them. They're what's left of those giant cottonwoods I cut down a few years ago, all quarter sawn logs to boot. Currently I have an 084 I'm going to start building pretty soon. 90cc just isn't quite big enough.

Hey jimdad, I've been hibernating too. BobL I sold a big old Homelite 7-29 to a member in Oz a couple months ago. He laughed when I sent him a picture of the saw with about six inches of snow for background, and said it was 36 where he was. I had to do the conversion, about 98, that's a little warm for my comfort zone, Joe.

This summer has been about 1ºC below last year but the humidity has been 10% higher which has made it worse than usual. My home shop is insulated and air-conditioned so working in there is fine except my dust extractor and my welding/forge booth both vent externally so I'm kind limited in what I can do if I want to stay cool.

I went down to the milling yard today to prepare for a bit of milling. While I was there we captured this littl'un about a ft long.
It's a Crown Head snake, Pretty little thing, Venomous but not considered dangerous.
Other more deadly snakes have been seen in the area. This doesn't worry me because the move away from chainsaws but as I like to take my dogs to the yard I worry about them coming across something dangerous.
CrownHead.jpg

This summer has been about 1ºC below last year but the humidity has been 10% higher which has made it worse than usual. My home shop is insulated and air-conditioned so working in there is fine except my dust extractor and my welding/forge booth both vent externally so I'm kind limited in what I can do if I want to stay cool.

I went down to the milling yard today to prepare for a bit of milling. While I was there we captured this littl'un about a ft long.
It's a Crown Head snake, Pretty little thing, Venomous but not considered dangerous.
Other more deadly snakes have been seen in the area. This doesn't worry me because the move away from chainsaws but as I like to take my dogs to the yard I worry about them coming across something dangerous.
View attachment 414901
We're lucky here with no venomous snakes anywhere around us.

Back