Been Thinking About Moving to the United States

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya, here in the Yukon when your retired, the government pays for everything, medical, firewood, glasses, dental, propane and income supplement. Not that I want to be in the easy chair, but they look after us here.

Here you get about 20% of what you need on social security, and only after you reach a certain age, for me its going to be 74, medicaid only kicks in after yer 60 and only covers very basic stuff, some prescriptions but not all even then its a copay. Anything else and yer on yer own.

Other wise yer on yer own, and to be honest I don't think we'll have social security by the time I want to retire, assuming I live that long.

Maine is making weed legal as well.
CT has medical pot and Portland, ME has had up to a 1/2 oz as a ticket for at least four years. You kids and your devil's lettuce.[/QUOTE]

Maine had had medical weed for several years, I mean legal like can go in a store and buy it, same as a jug of booze.

?? I think I might be able to remember them early, dumb, unmarried/single, un- adult- ish day's, night's and weekend's amongst other possibilities of life's lessons?? ! LOL
makes me wonder,,what causes our friend, to build a perfectly wonderful log cabin,,just before winter,,then sell it,,and move into a tar paper trailer............

Palin sounds like she's from MN. Can't understand half of what she says.

windthrown, where's your mom from in the U.P.?

I understand what Sarah Palin says, word wise, no problemo. That does not mean that she always makes sense though.

My mom is from Ishpeming. My grandfather was a dentist there when he met my grandmother from Petoskey in the early 1920s. He was from Midland originally.

No, it's not like that up here. It's just that's there's so much gold up here that they have to figure out a fair way to spread it all around.

GOLD!!! DID YOU SAY GOLD!?!?

The rush is on! I am gonna git me some of that thar gold up thar in the Yukon! Hot doggie! I am gonne be rich! Git me a pan and a shovel, and some long underwear, and head north.

CT has medical pot and Portland, ME has had up to a 1/2 oz as a ticket for at least four years. You kids and your devil's lettuce.

Taxachusettes has made weed legal as well. 8 states now have legalized rec weed, as well as Waarshington, DC. I read that CT and RI may legalize it by state legislature, and beat MA to the tax revenue punch.

If I remember correctly last year Warshington brought in 1 billion in recreation pot taxes...

It kind of annoys me that Colorado gets the credit for legalizing it first, since Warshington voted on the same day, just took an hour or two longer to close the polls... Mountain vs pacific time and all that.

Taxachusettes has made weed legal as well. 8 states now have legalized rec weed, as well as Waarshington, DC. I read that CT and RI may legalize it by state legislature, and beat MA to the tax revenue punch.
My mom is working on getting the permit to grow medical pot so she can be ready to sell recreational pot when it happens. Its going to happen. The govenor's son is too busy getting arrested for it. That meathead's even trashier son and his constant arrests are a major part of why we have such strict gun control and such loose pot laws.

If I remember correctly last year Warshington brought in 1 billion in recreation pot taxes...

It kind of annoys me that Colorado gets the credit for legalizing it first, since Warshington voted on the same day, just took an hour or two longer to close the polls... Mountain vs pacific time and all that.

Yah. Technically Colorado legalized it first, so they get more 'credit'. Washington lowered the sales and excise taxes on weed in July though, and made it legal to grow 4 medical plants with just a doctor's Rx. So no WA state WMMP permits are required unless you want to grow more than the 4 plants. The prices in WA are also dropping from an excess harvest this year. The same thing is happening in Colorado. Supply is exceeding demand in those 2 states.

I understand what Sarah Palin says, word wise, no problemo. That does not mean that she always makes sense though.

My mom is from Ishpeming. My grandfather was a dentist there when he met my grandmother from Petoskey in the early 1920s. He was from Midland originally.

What is the family name if you don't mind me asking. My family has been in Ishpeming since around 1900.

Just beer, should be 12% when its done. Wish You all were here so we could share it on New Years.
? so is that an invite to the great white north to share a beer? lol always wanted to venture up to the tundra for a visit during the light period! don't think I could function on a 24/7 night time schedule as this old tired body is trained to sleep when dark, and not hibernate like a bear. either way northern neighbor and fellow wood cutting brother! stay warm, stay sane and not to full on sudddzzzz,s. "MERRY CHRISTMAS" & "HAPPY NEW YEAR" !

What is the family name if you don't mind me asking. My family has been in Ishpeming since around 1900.

He was Dr. Main. He set up shop there around 1905. After he met my grandmother in the early 20s, they became snow birds, and shuffled back and forth from MI to Florida. They all moved to Florida in the 1930s (Daytona Beach).

Just beer, should be 12% when its done. Wish You all were here so we could share it on New Years.

Holy shirt! 12% "Beer"? That is called malt liqueur here. 12% is the standard ethanol content of wine. Marzen is kick-ass beer, and that is 'only' 6%. The beer sold at stores in Utah is 3.2... you can drink that stuff all day and not get a buzz.

Latest posts

Back