Been Thinking About Moving to the United States

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg Not sure my facts are correct, but I think every American can have at least 500 gallons of homebrew at any given time as long as it's for personal consumption, which only makes sence and sounds more than fair.
Long Live the United States! Everyone is welcome up here. The North is a beautiful place.
John

Wa state, 500 gallons of beer/wine and it can't leave your property, or be sold.

And a newish law, i think 50 gallons of shine per year, don't quote me on that though, I know you can make your own legally now, but I'm not positive on the quantity. The Homebrew supply place has electric table top stills that will produce about a 5th/liter in 4 hours.

And a newish law, i think 50 gallons of shine per year, don't quote me on that though, I know you can make your own legally now, but I'm not positive on the quantity. The Homebrew supply place has electric table top stills that will produce about a 5th/liter in 4 hours.

Wrong. According to the Washington state Liquor and Cannabis Board web site ( http://lcb.wa.gov/enforcement/distillery-faq ) :

I want to make small amounts of distilled spirits as a hobby. Is this legal?
No, it is illegal to produce distilled spirits without a license.

Well... wa state code only covers thse licensed to sell spirits, liquor and canabis control is only concerned with those who sell or manufavture for the puppse of selling.

But iv been wrong before and i am not a lawyer, doesnt chanhe the fact that an electric still is available over the counter

Well... wa state code only covers thse licensed to sell spirits, liquor and canabis control is only concerned with those who sell or manufavture for the puppse of selling.

But iv been wrong before and i am not a lawyer, doesnt chanhe the fact that an electric still is available over the counter

Again you are WRONG. WA state code and law covers EVERYONE in the state, and it applies to EVERYONE. No exceptions. The spirits and cannabis licensing laws are not just for those that manufacture or grow with the intent of selling. The laws are simple and apply to everyone: No one in WA state can legally grow recreational marijuana without a license, and no one in WA state can legally produce distilled spirits without a license. Period. It does not matter what your ultimate intentions are or what you do with the weed or spirits. It also does not matter if you can buy clones and seeds on Craigslist or distillation equipment in stores. You have to have a license to legally grow recreational MJ and/or use distilling equipment to produce spirits in your state. They get away with selling this equipment in stores because it can also be used to distill essential oils from plants, and to distill water. Or be used by licensed distilleries.

Also be advised that Federal laws strictly prohibits individuals from producing distilled spirits (ethyl alcohol) at home. Period. That applies to any state that you happen to be in, regardless of state laws. Also growing and/or having any marijuana is still a federal violation and you can still be charged with a federal crime in any US state or territory, regardless of it being legal in the state that you are in. Clear as mud? You seem to want to bend the laws to your wants based on abstract observations and conclusions. Be advised that ignorance of the law is not a defense in court.

I am not a lawyer either, but these are pretty simple and straightforward laws. Let me reiterate for clarity though: Distilling spirits in WA state w/o a license is not legal under WA state law, and it is also not legal under federal law.

Latest posts

Back