best 12 ft bumper pull dump trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it weighs in the neighborhood of 4300 pounds empty. I never weighed it. I have piled it with tree debris 7 or so feet high and had to climb along the top to pull the tarp over. That's a lot of debris. The thing I don't like about hauling it all to the dump is picking up nails in the tires...

I think it weighs in the neighborhood of 4300 pounds empty. I never weighed it. I have piled it with tree debris 7 or so feet high and had to climb along the top to pull the tarp over. That's a lot of debris. The thing I don't like about hauling it all to the dump is picking up nails in the tires...

What kind of price? And is the dump bed 20' or the whole trailer?

A little more information on this trailer. I discovered that BMF trailers was bought out and is now called Big Lug trailers. I found their website. Need to use Explorer for best viewing. It is:
http://www.big-lug.com/

There have been a few changes since I got mine maybe 3 or 4 years ago, but the trailer I have is in the FD series. The standard size they make is 18 feet long. I had them make the bed 20 feet long for me at additional cost. 18 feet is too short for my tractor with attachments. The fenders are designed to be driven over, if need be. For heavy loads I use a weight distribution hitch with the trailer. Light loads...like a load of firewood or debris, I do not need the weight distribution hitch. I noticed prices had gone up...probably because of the price of steel.

I would recomend a sissor style lift over straight cylinders. With dual cylinders, if you try to dump overloaded, one cyl. will over power the other and bend the frame and rip the hinge out the back. Happened to a landscaper friend of mine on a 14ft big tex a week after he bought it:cry:

Redbug's trailer is exactly like what I have been thinking of building. I like it. I keep thinking deckover though. But something like this would be a good compromise.

I bought a 6 Ton Griffin Trailer ( http://www.griffintrailers.com/ ) a couple of years ago and have been more than happy with it. Pulls great either empty or full. (I'm using a Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4). I added higher sides (wood) for extra chip capacity.

attachment.php

I just bought a Midsota 14' dump. Rugby scissors lift, super heavy duty. I had a Pequa for 3 years and it wasn't holding up- lots of welds breaking. I was thinking about a MaxiDump but heard they were going out of business. I checked there website and everything seems to be for sale.

good and bad dump trailers

I too wanted a low deck height for loading skid steer and just keeping the load as low as possible.

BIg Mistake was buying a H&H 14 foot 14k dump. The only thing good was the drop axles that made the deck low. Other than that it was a real POS.
Bad paint, weak dump, ect. Looked 10 years old when it was 1 year old.

Then I coughed up the $ for a Travalong 14 foot 14k dump. Very happy now. Has tortion axles which act as drop axles too. Way better paint, and will dump no problem.

A buddy has Bri-Mar. Very tough trailer too but higher deck height. Makes loading with a Mini harder and ramps are steeper. Good trailer though.

.02$

Latest posts

Back