Best 60 cc saw for porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'll be getting a 60 cc saw soon and will likely get it ported, a 562 is an option but I am a little worried how it will work with the AT, with the other options out there I would like to know which saw responds best when ported.

562....a great running 60cc saw before porting and a unbelievable running saw after. The throttle response and pure power is unbelievable.

I'll chime in for a second.

The 562XP is insane strong.......but if Autotune worries you the 359 is great modded. Don't forget the MS361 though......

I've built a lot of 60cc saws for real tree service work and the 562XP is the one that gets the most raves......

No 262XP love???????

That was the first saw I was building for a 60cc tree service saw......I got great feedback and everyone loved it. Till I built them some MS361s. They loved them until they got the 562XPs.....

I'm seriously considering having my new-to-me used 562XPW ported. I'm not looking for, nor do I need, 70cc+ power but would like to know it will keep up a larger saw for short periods of time on the rare occasions I'd need it to.

My 562xp will stay stock, yes it is that good!

Unless I run a ported one, then anything can happen.

I also have no need or want for a 70cc saw. 45cc-60cc does it all for me. :rock:

So what I'm getting is this order. 357/9, 262, 361, 562? Has anyone time them all in the same log? What really the difference. 1-2 seconds?

So what I'm getting is this order. 357/9, 262, 361, 562? Has anyone time them all in the same log? What really the difference. 1-2 seconds?

262 is too old, clean saws and parts getting hard to find.

357xp smaller cc, if ported best to start with a 359.

361 is a good saw and ports well, but wont be as fast as the others.

562 will be the smoothest and fastest of the bunch.

The 562xp ported will give you the power of a 70+ cc saw. The Autotune will keep your fuel usage much, much less than a carbed 70 cc saw. The overall handling and weight is more comparable to a saw in the 50cc range than the 70cc range. Im not sure what is not to like about this scenario, and I dont know of any other saw that has that much to offer. The AT doesnt miss a beat on a ported saw. :msp_thumbup:

Might be another one, too new to know the potential, no one here has one yet I think (to run it a lot) or mod one, the echo 620.

262 is too old, clean saws and parts getting hard to find.

357xp smaller cc, if ported best to start with a 359.

361 is a good saw and ports well, but wont be as fast as the others.

562 will be the smoothest and fastest of the bunch.

Getting parts are no problem, virtually any part I need are available at the dealer, sans decals....
262's are very strong stock due to the lack of EPA regs at the time, the gains from porting are less because they are not as restricted as the newer saws, "factory ported" if you will....

The 562xp ported will give you the power of a 70+ cc saw. The Autotune will keep your fuel usage much, much less than a carbed 70 cc saw. The overall handling and weight is more comparable to a saw in the 50cc range than the 70cc range. Im not sure what is not to like about this scenario, and I dont know of any other saw that has that much to offer. The AT doesnt miss a beat on a ported saw. :msp_thumbup:
How long have you had your ported 562 and how many hours/tanks have you been through.

Back