Best 60 cc saw for porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting parts are no problem, virtually any part I need are available at the dealer, sans decals....
262's are very strong stock due to the lack of EPA regs at the time, the gains from porting are less because they are not as restricted as the newer saws, "factory ported" if you will....

I stand corrected and admit to know little about the 262xp. It has a heck of a rep though! :msp_smile:

262 is too old, clean saws and parts getting hard to find.

357xp smaller cc, if ported best to start with a 359.

361 is a good saw and ports well, but wont be as fast as the others.

562 will be the smoothest and fastest of the bunch.

I suspect you may be wrong regarding the 361 vs. 357xp/359 - but as always it will vary with a lot of factors, including who ported the saws - and some times even when. The 361 is a the only quad transfer non-strato Stihl model

You likely are wrong about the part situation for the 262xp as well, but you are right that the really good ones seldom are for sale.

I suspect you may be wrong regarding the 361 vs. 357xp/359 - but as always it will vary with a lot of factors, including who ported the saws - and some times even when. The 361 is a the only quad transfer non-strato Stihl model

You likely are wrong about the part situation for the 262xp as well, but you are right that the really good ones seldom are for sale.

I'm not always right. Just most of the time. :D

262 is too old, clean saws and parts getting hard to find.

357xp smaller cc, if ported best to start with a 359.

361 is a good saw and ports well, but wont be as fast as the others.

562 will be the smoothest and fastest of the bunch.

Do you own or have you run a ported 361?

Waylan

Do you own or have you run a ported 361?

Waylan

I've run a few ported 361's... Pretty good runners, but I'd rather pack a hot 359 to a race. I've seen one of Terry's 562's drub a fast 361 before, but there's lots of variables there... All the above saws are good runners.
The 562 is a cut above in sexy though...

So my J'Red 630 w/ a 272 jug/piston set , skirted, breathing better, and finger ports would fall to the wayside in this because of the top end, huh?

Everytime I pull it out and start it (sounding like a Yamaha 80), cut through a log, heads turn. ???

Just one of my favorites? :chainsaw: :msp_biggrin:

Would like a modded 361 ( Knocking on a Forum members door if I get one ) ( a little cheaper to get in the market place, now )

I just sent mine home with Hedgerow.

Tons of power, but much larger than a 60cc saw. I kind of miss it though!

I already got it dirty...
:msp_rolleyes:

attachment.php

See it hangin' right there between the deere and the old 372?

It's happy...:rock:

2165, Unbelievable TORQUE ... MORE THAN ENOUGH to make a 562 quiver !!!!!!!! Torque , not speed. Because thats where it counts, contrary to popular belief !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back