Best 60 cc saw for porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ported and lets kick it up to 28, you know where I am going ?

this thread is about best PORTED 60 cc saw.

60cc.....

Not 65......

Otherwise, nuthin'....
And I mean nuthin...
Beats a good 365 in the 4 cube class...
But I watched Terry's 562 give em' a hell of a scare...
Just sayin...

I already got it dirty...
:msp_rolleyes:

attachment.php

See it hangin' right there between the deere and the old 372?

It's happy...:rock:

Nice! Glad it is happy!

Nice boat too!

60 ?

60cc ported.
Then 65cc ported.
So where does my 365 x torq ported by Mastermind fit into the equation? :msp_rolleyes:
The dealer sold it as a 65cc saw.

I suspect you may be wrong regarding the 361 vs. 357xp/359 - but as always it will vary with a lot of factors, including who ported the saws - and some times even when. The 361 is a the only quad transfer non-strato Stihl model.

You likely are wrong about the part situation for the 262xp as well, but you are right that the really good ones seldom are for sale.
The bar and chain conditions are usually more important for cutting speed than the displacement anyway. Log species is also a factor that many forget. You set the saw for the log being cut. "Monster" saws are often beaten by smaller ones.

Look around for a Husky 362xp or a Jonsered 2163 for a porting project.
You could stay with the org p/c or put a 75cc topend on it.

My project for next winter;
A pair of new 2159's. One a pop-up and another a flat top. Just for working you know :msp_rolleyes:

I think there are some great 60 cc saws out there that do really well after porting. Heck even my old Poulan 3700 will out run my stock 036's after porting it. I think the really important answer here is to find someone who knows what their doing on the port job itself, no matter what saw you choose, and you will not be disappointed.

Actually, I have no idea what the the best candidate is, as there are very different engine designs involved. If the 357xp had been closer to 60cc, I'd be pretty sure that was the one - but only 56,5cc likely isn't enough, despite a superior cylinder etc. design.

262 is too old, clean saws and parts getting hard to find.

357xp smaller cc, if ported best to start with a 359.

361 is a good saw and ports well, but wont be as fast as the others.

562 will be the smoothest and fastest of the bunch.
I've changed my tune folks. Ported 357xp is the ONE!!!

If yer gonna start spraying CC's about, then I would say the best ported 60cc saw is a 261CM. The only reason to have a ported 60cc saw is to run a 24" bar and oil it.
A ported 261 is no doubt a good saw, but it will not run with a ported 60cc saw.

Latest posts

Back