Best 60 cc saw for porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy's 261CM ran with Brad's 361 on the dyno. When I used a ported 261CM, I sold my ported 361. Once you run a ported 261, you understand there's no need to go to a 362 or a 562 unless you need more bar or weight.
I've not not run a ported ms261, so I'll not knock it. But I've run ported 357s' & 359s' that were faster and stronger than some ported ms361s'. Lot's of variables here.

Randy's 261CM ran with Brad's 361 on the dyno. When I used a ported 261CM, I sold my ported 361. Once you run a ported 261, you understand there's no need to go to a 362 or a 562 unless you need more bar or weight.
I've not not run a ported ms261, so I'll not knock it. But I've run ported 357s' & 359s' that were faster and stronger than some ported ms361s'. Lot's of variables here.

My ZCS0h26 and MMMS261 are both BadAss.

The OP asked for recommendations on a 60cc saw

Yes, but Randy's 346's will hand his 261's their hat and show them the door.

One of the reasons I like the 261CM is removing the baffle gets you about a 30% gain. Some saws won't get you that much with an MM and porting.
Don't forget a 30% gain in cutting speed is VERY different to a 30% increase in HP output. Some of the figures and numbers that get thrown around here under the illusion of increased HP are funny at best.

Don't forget a 30% gain in cutting speed is VERY different to a 30% increase in HP output. Some of the figures and numbers that get thrown around here under the illusion of increased HP are funny at best.

So, are you saying a 30% increase in cutting speed can be done with less than a 30% increase in power given all other variables remain the same?

Latest posts

Back