BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirt surgeon? First post after signing up Oct 1? In Illinoise? Digs up this old thread and likes the 041?

Gimme an A!
Gimme a P!
Gimme an E!

Note that the OP wanted saws built in the last 20 years. The 041 FB production ended in 1986.

I noticed someone voted for a JD CS62 a while back on here. Are they more of a torquey saw or a ripper? Just curious...........

I also have the JD CS56 version, I find it's a good mix of torque and rpm, not a lugging saw like the dolmar 6000i, but I would say it is definitely faster. I out an 8 pin .325 on it and it pulls that nicely for bucking up firewood.

I have a WickedWorkSaw Jonsered 2260. With a sharp chain it will hold its own against most. Terry builds a nice saw. It has a major performance boost from being red and black. :)

Husqvarna 262 Xp..... husky were reaching their pinnacle for mid sized saws, they looked for quality to put them ahead. They excelled. A well looked after 262 will last longer than a brand new saw given proper fuel oil, and tuning highly important, this saw will not be beaten by any competitor all round.

I would have to vote for the MS 361, My friend Bob bought one back in 2002 or 2003 for his firewood business and it has been a rock solid performer for him. From 02/03 till a few years back every single log that came in was cut what that saw then split on his splitter. Now they are just cut to length and then placed on his processor. Other than regular maintenance that saw has been stellar.

034 super or 036 has to be the best ever made and will last a lifetime and out cut most any other 60cc when ported well.

I only talk about ported saws
Haven't ran a stock one in a very long time

Back