Best anti vib 80cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering what is the best anti vib saw in the 80cc range? In general what manufacture makes the best over all anti vib system in pro saw category? Thanks:chainsaw:

I can run my 385XP with a glass of water in my hand filled to the rim and not spill a drop.THAT is how smooooth it is:sword:

Jonsered 2186....

My milling saw...Run it all day and not feel like your left hand is going numb...Aot diffrent than felling,,bucking,,and limbing...Run all out full throttle for 10 mns..and give her rest...Run her hard again...I notice alot more vibs frm my right hand on the Alaskan .....Kinda hard to explane ,but really happy with that saw for what it does...

Lmao!!!!

Mac 1-52!!

Brad,,,LMAO!!! You must be a cheapskate....Bet you used that 1-52 in your time in Orlando in the motel room instead of droppin quarters in the vib. bed there.....LOL!!

My milling saw...Run it all day and not feel like your left hand is going numb...Aot diffrent than felling,,bucking,,and limbing...Run all out full throttle for 10 mns..and give her rest...Run her hard again...I notice alot more vibs frm my right hand on the Alaskan .....Kinda hard to explane ,but really happy with that saw for what it does...

You using Skip chain? Because I noticed that when running skip too, regardless of what saw it's on.

The only 2 huskys I have ran are a 455rancher (pos) and a 395xp. I have ran alot of stihls and the only smooth 2 are the 441 and 361..... But they are not as smooth as my Dolmar 7900 with a good full comp chain.:clap:

The 7900 gets my vote! The 385/2186 are smooth operators also but weigh a couple pounds more...

Funny thing is that the 7900 has (or at least had - haven't been much on German sites lately) restrictions on it in Germany for pro use, because of "excessive vibes"....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It gets more funny when the 460 passed the tests!

I understand that the issue is the lab measured vibe speeds on the handles, not how it actually affects the users - and I believe that those lab results disregard how well the vibes are damped before they actually hit the hand, and how hard they actually hit......:dizzy:

Edit; This is just an anecdote, not meant as an opinion in the debate - I never ran an 80cc saw myself (unless a 2094 cutting in ice counts).

Last edited:
Johnny 2186, I kinda like them smoothness wise more than the husky dono why but i guess it could be the not so bent handle bar.

Back