Best anti vib 80cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is that the 7900 has (or at least had - haven't been much on German sites lately) restrictions on it in Germany for pro use, because of "excessive vibes"....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It gets more funny when the 460 passed the tests!

I understand that the issue is the lab measured vibe speeds on the handles - not how it feels to the users, and I believe that those lab results disregard how well the vibes are damped before they actually hit the hand......:dizzy:

That is pretty interesting... I would think that it would matter most in the field... They should have got a few dudes together and let 'em run the saw, then ask for their impressions. I do have to admit, the first time I used the Dolmar, the power was so crazy... I was holding on for dear life! Guess I was use to my Dad's ProMac 650... Talk about vibes! :cry:

Funny thing is that the 7900 has (or at least had - haven't been much on German sites lately) restrictions on it in Germany for pro use, because of "excessive vibes"....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It gets more funny when the 460 passed the tests!

I understand that the issue is the lab measured vibe speeds on the handles - not how it feels to the users, and I believe that those lab results disregard how well the vibes are damped before they actually hit the hand......:dizzy:

Sounds like Dolmar didn't supply enough free 7900s to the testers in Germany:greenchainsaw:

To me that sounds ridiculous because up until recently a 460 was my go to saw. The comparison in my opinion is not even close. The anti vibe on the Dolmar feels more like the 441 or 361. My fingers would tingle after using the 460 all day.

To me that sounds ridiculous because up until recently a 460 was my go to saw. The comparison in my opinion is not even close. The anti vibe on the Dolmar feels more like the 441 or 361. My fingers would tingle after using the 460 all day.

That is no surprice at all.....:)

That's what I was thinking Parrisw or...just go 390. Uber smoother! Supposedly smoother than the 385.

Yup. When I get motivated, I'll put on a 390 P/C on my 385XP. I've run both on a side-by-side test and I was really surprised by the 390XP. If I had known, I would have spent the extra ca$h and bought the 390XP in the first place. Super-extra-hyper-turbocharged smooooooth.

JQ

Back