best big bore kit foe a dolmar 6400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue dog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got 2 dolmar 6400's and a Makita 6421 thinking about big boring all three or I might sell the 6421. I don't really need three. Who makes the best big bore kits? I tried to message weedeaterman and got no response on when they would be available, they are backordered now.

Wait for a response from weedeaterman, He will have or know where to get what you need. For the 4-5 times I've dealt with him he is ALWAYS beyond reproach and takes care of you fully and completely. Great people, Great service.

$215-5%= $204+$10 shipping. throw in a base gasket and wrist pin bearing and your at $220 shipped for OEM. The P&C kit comes with a new cylinder cover and decomp valve. hard to beat for the price.
965531160 base gasket $1.36
962210121 wrist pin bearing $3.84

The BB kits that I have seen for the 7900 have been of a very good quality. Weedeaterman is probably the best in the business at finding top quality kits if that is what you are set on doing.

That said........the BB kits just seem to give that saw too much displacement for the case volume. I can make a better running saw with the standard bore size........and that goes for every model I've tried them on.

$215-5%= $204+$10 shipping. throw in a base gasket and wrist pin bearing and your at $220 shipped for OEM. The P&C kit comes with a new cylinder cover and decomp valve. hard to beat for the price.
965531160 base gasket $1.36
962210121 wrist pin bearing $3.84

I need an air filter cover to match that cylinder cover sir. Help?

You can't beat service like that.

Thanks so much.

Just let me know how many worthless government notes. :)

Oem..:rock: You need at least one

Though I did just roll the dice on a $80 ebay 52mm p&c for my 2nd.

Two of the BEST right there.....Nate and Randy!!!

Nate will get you what you need and Randy will stuff some bananas in that saw and make it run like you won't believe!!!!!

Back