best chainsaw ever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
I saw this while driving to the post office and had to slow down and take a few pics.

So there are two cuts that come together at an odd angle, there is an aluminum ladder with an extension cord running from the front porch, there are a pair of eye hooks screwed into the trunk above the cuts and a piece of some sort of speaker cable running from one of the bolts, down around the ball hitch of the minivan and back up to the other hook. The tree is within 3' of the power line on the side with the ladder.
IMG_7933_zpsfycpc2k1.jpg

IMG_7935_zpsei55anyh.jpg

On my way back from dropping off packages I saw the guy in a hardhat on the ladder with about a 10" corded electric blech and drecker chainsaw making a third cut at a different angle from both of the first two cuts. His bar could not reach the center of the tree in any way shape or form.
IMG_7937_zps1weinrwj.jpg

Tree still "whole" today with ladder gone.
I am scared.
DDAve

the hardhat was a real headscratcher - there is nothing above him to fall except the giant hunk of tree that he thinks he can pull down with his minivan and an old washline and if it fell on him, the helmet is useless so it is just making his head hot on the hottest day of the year so far :)

I saw this while driving to the post office and had to slow down and take a few pics.

So there are two cuts that come together at an odd angle, there is an aluminum ladder with an extension cord running from the front porch, there are a pair of eye hooks screwed into the trunk above the cuts and a piece of some sort of speaker cable running from one of the bolts, down around the ball hitch of the minivan and back up to the other hook. The tree is within 3' of the power line on the side with the ladder.
IMG_7933_zpsfycpc2k1.jpg

IMG_7935_zpsei55anyh.jpg

On my way back from dropping off packages I saw the guy in a hardhat on the ladder with about a 10" corded electric blech and drecker chainsaw making a third cut at a different angle from both of the first two cuts. His bar could not reach the center of the tree in any way shape or form.
IMG_7937_zps1weinrwj.jpg

Tree still "whole" today with ladder gone.
I am scared.
DDAve

Shame on you Dave! Why you did not pull out the mighty echo timberbunny and show that jabroni what for?!!

still there, no wires down, the top of the tree is broken off in sections, turns out the 10" electric was probably big enough because there is only about a 4" thick section of tree around the outer edge, it is almost totally hollow
I need to grab a new set of pics
Dave

Utility's usually take down the service line down that leads into the house at no charge....just needs scheduled. If he tears the service off the house it will be around $1500 bucks to repair (depending on area). It would be way cheaper to hire a professional to do this work...also safer.

Some people just don't learn until they make a trip to the ER.

Between the hardhat, power lines, electric chainsaw, the gutter, speaker wire, minivan, and the miscellaneous cuts.... I'm ROTF Lol

Latest posts

Back