Best fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homestead Garage

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a couple saws that need new fuel lines. What is the best fuel line to use and where's the cheapest source? I read a thread talking about tygon but it was a 5 year old thread. Is there anything better now?

I have a couple saws that need new fuel lines. What is the best fuel line to use and where's the cheapest source? I read a thread talking about tygon but it was a 5 year old thread. Is there anything better now?

Tygon is great for homeowner saws with inexpensive, clear or yellow fuel lines. It's 10x more resistant to failure. Pro grade saws typically use a rubber fuel line specifically shaped for that particular saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to add, make sure you get actual Tygon. There are a lot of Tygon knock-offs that are stiff and likely to breakdown in less than a season. I've learnes this the hard way. True Tygon will be soft, translucent, hazy yellow and it's about $1/foot

I forgot to add, make sure you get actual Tygon. There are a lot of Tygon knock-offs that are stiff and likely to breakdown in less than a season. I've learnes this the hard way. True Tygon will be soft, translucent, hazy yellow and it's about $1/foot

I agree with that. Folks that say much bad about Tygon, likely bought the cheap stuff. Also, there are many different grades/application types of Tygon too.
The Oregon crap used to be totall ****, I haven't tried to buy any in years.

Ok. That's what I was reading. Oregon's version of tygon is junk. I have bought molded oem line for my 2100 but I have a couple home owner grade saws I want to re-line. Any word on a good source?

Ok. That's what I was reading. Oregon's version of tygon is junk. I have bought molded oem line for my 2100 but I have a couple home owner grade saws I want to re-line. Any word on a good source?

I purchased from eBay from a guy out of Texas but I'm sure there are other sources. Amazon only has the imitation Tygon.

I don't work on much anymore, or else I would sell some off of a roll to you. But one has to buy a whole roll, and I am out of line.
Perhaps someone here would do the same. What saw models do you need line for?

I have used a lot of Echo line and it is GREAT!!!!! My saws all get Echo line.

I don't work on much anymore, or else I would sell some off of a roll to you. But one has to buy a whole roll, and I am out of line.
Perhaps someone here would do the same. What saw models do you need line for?
I'm doing a Mac 3200 and an old Craftsman top handle. I think it's 3/32 for both

Watch out for any of the "Tygon like" line. If it is polyurethane it has GREAT GAS resistance but POOR ETHANOL resistance.

I just bite the bullet and use real Stihl R5 line when I need unmolded fuel line.

I sourced some teflon lined tygon/PVC tubing years ago for an application at work that used nasty chemicals. It was pricey but held up great. PITA to install as the teflon would bunch up when installing on a fitting/barb if you were not careful.

Back