Best fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The genuine "Tygon" is good. I have had good results with the stuff sold by the guy in Greece selling Chainsaw kit on Fleabay ( Dandrikorp?)

good video.
You can easily get the wrong size tygon ID and OD. and searching for correct size is sometimes a pain.
You can also search and find the different grades of tygon available.

Watch out on ebay and don't buy any china stuff.

If you do not have a set of digital calipers the Harbor Freight at around $10 with a coupon is good set, does both MM and inches with just push of a button and you can get correct OD size so as to get a seal at the gas tank.
Get yourself some spare hearing aid batteries from ebay and store them in fridge to extend life.

Hf has good calipers and don't break the break on their price. About only thing they have that seems ok.
I have two sets that I use and I do not have to dig out my expensive set just to get a measurement.

I have a couple saws that need new fuel lines. What is the best fuel line to use and where's the cheapest source? I read a thread talking about tygon but it was a 5 year old thread. Is there anything better now?
Done with tygon don't like it .
For several year's I've been using the bulk echo fuel line 25ft 13-15.00 a roll from amazon 3x5mm and 3x6mm never an issue in dozens of saws and trimmer/brushcutters.
I've went through one roll of each just restocked.1493312273105-635795059.jpg

Done with tygon don't like it .
For several year's I've been using the bulk echo fuel line 25ft 13-15.00 a roll from amazon 3x5mm and 3x6mm never an issue in dozens of saws and trimmer/brushcutters.
I've went through one roll of each just restocked.View attachment 575903

I'm interested in trying some of this but all I can find on Amazon is the echo line sold by Rotary. Is that what you've been buying? I'd buy it local but the Echo dealer around here is an ass and I don't like spending money there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say no to the tygon 1100 1200

I still use the tygon 4040 for that really small dia line in trimmers and small poulans.

Using echo oem line mainly in 2 sizes.

Also stens blue and had good luck with that but little harder to work with.

Boxes of echo line from Nate come 26' ;)

echo280pp.jpg

Man........some of you really get serious when it comes to fuel lines. The last time I had to replace any, was on my dad's Ariens snow blower. The machine was over 30 yrs. old, and the original rubber fuel line was showing some cracks.

So, off to Ace Hardware I went and bought about 18" of what they had on the shelf. It was rubber as well. No big deal. Just made sure that the inside diameter was right and I was out of there.

might be a big deal if its the wrong OD ... just fyi :)

In the situation I was speaking of, OD wasn't all that important. But, I am fully aware of the importance of ID and OD when it comes to hoses.

I even took a piece of the old stuff in with me when I went hunting for the new stuff.

What chainsaws will this stuff fit?
Looks a tad too thick.
Everything I've come across i can't remember all of them it's the perfect diameter for 257 288 372 husky's
i cut the grommet off stihl line and pull it through with a hemostat all kinds of trimmer/brushcutters
It doesn't fold up like tygon does it's more oem robust feeling never had an issue in several years.20170414_200914.jpg

Ok, like I said in the videos ... the echo line does indeed fit, and its nice and supple. I think.... I think I think... the stihl line is cheaper if you buy 10m of it. for a 9" piece, its about $1 each. Husky oem line is 7/32" OD, and it counts on the OD to seal to the tank. Echo line is *slightly* bigger, but still fits without fully pinching off the lumen. I prefer the stihl line at this point because it IS the correct OD for the husky stuff. ...and because its in bulk, but echo line is fine.

Everything I've come across i can't remember all of them it's the perfect diameter for 257 288 372 husky's
i cut the grommet off stihl line and pull it through with a hemostat all kinds of trimmer/brushcutters
It doesn't fold up like tygon does it's more oem robust feeling never had an issue in several years.View attachment 575975

I do that too for stihl and husky molded lines. When owners says it is ok.

Latest posts

Back