Best spark plug?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosch WSR6F in my Stihls........

Funny thing,
after the trip to the barber, I walked over to the Stihl dealer and bought some files and plugs. they are the Bosch WSR6F, He said he uses the same plug for huskys and stihls. Any truth to this ?

NGK or Bosch are my first choices. However, I've never experienced the problems that others have with the Champion plugs. Perhaps lucky I guess.
Jay

I have never had a problem with any plug brand. I mostly use NGK or Bosch, because thats what my dealer stocks.
Of course I am not one to change spark plugs. I have one 372 that i bought in 03 that has the original plug in it.

Yeah but you don't use that saw at all.... so it doesn't count!!!!!
:sword: :sword:
Ha ha LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NGK or Bosch

Bought 2 NGK from my auto part store for my 041 AV because they were out of Bosch. Later I needed a couple of parts, so I stopped by the Stihl dealer and picked up 2 Bosch while I was there.

The only noticable difference between the two is that the grounded electrode is shorter (only covers half of the center electrode)on the Bosch. In my old Chain Saw Service Manual it says the shorter grounded electrode will help to minimize carbon fouling in a two-stroke.

So I use Bosch in my two-strokes and NGK in everything else. Just my $.02 worth.

:laugh: I'm sorry about sounding rude here, because I'm not laughing about your engines being destroyed from the plugs, instead I am just remembering something. Champion plugs are the whole reason why Nascar no longer uses a spark plug with a ground electrode. Don't get me wrong here... Other plugs were doing the same thing, but Champions acounted for 90 some % of "problem childs"... Now they use plugs with "of course" the center electrode, but instead of having any ground electrodes, they have a ring that basically just closes up the gap some at the base of the plug.
That sounds like the surface gap plugs in my old mercury outboard .

I have been running NGK for the last 10 years. No problems. I have bought Bosch plugs before and worked just as good. Just more of an NGK fan I guess.

Latest posts

Back