Best Tachometer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebng15

Always lookin' for somthing to cut!
Reaction score
Looking to get a tachometer, and am wandering what the best is, reasonably priced. I would like one that is going to last, and I'm thinking I'll go with one that actually connects to the spark plug wire, for more accuracy. What do you guys think?

Thanks for all the replies! Keep it up! I was kind of leaning toward this one. I would be using it for dialing it in after a rebuild, or just to check it to see where it is at. I figured the direct connect would be a little more accurate.

I just bought the same one from Amicks. So far it works great. I liked the fact that it works wireless or wired, and has a 9-volt replaceable battery instead of the button battery in the tiny tach from the same company.

I appreciate the fact that it's made in the USA, but honestly for the price it seems really cheaply made. I'd bet one drop on a hard surface and it is toast, regardless of the rubber sleeve that it comes with.

they will all work pretty good..as most tools will when you know what to "listen" for.
listen to the saw then get a baseline from the tach...any tach that will get to 15k-RPM will work well.

edit: Learn to tune " in the wood" if your saw is rev limited too.
edit the edit: find out if your coil is rev limited before anything ( or else yer tach is built in-somewhat)

I have tacho like this

http://www.esitest.com/328.html

I don't think is is the best, but it is very good for its price. Costs something like 50$ at ebay.

Works well, but need to be very close to cylinder cover to get reading wirelessly especially at cold weather.

Looking to get a tachometer, and am wandering what the best is, reasonably priced. I would like one that is going to last, and I'm thinking I'll go with one that actually connects to the spark plug wire, for more accuracy. What do you guys think?

I just ordered an Orange TTO part # 723-A00 which is made by Trail Tech to install on a Husqvarna 357XP. It has two refresh rate settings. One is .5 sec and the other is 1.0 sec. Here is a link at TrailTech where you can also get the owners manual. http://www.trailtech.net/723-a00 In my experience with ATV's and Dirt Bikes Trail Tech always has good stuff. My local Polaris/Kawasaki/Artic Cat dealer ordered it for me for $32. It's also on Amazon.com but you will have shipping unless you get the order up to $35 with another item for free shipping. If you want to see one flush mounted on a saw check out this thread of one mounted flush in the top cover of a Stihl. It is probably one of the coolest looking Tach installs on a chainsaw I have seen. http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...-ms-441-r-c-m-looks-nice-but-bad-idea.248123/

EDT-8 and the Jabroni (R) Tac Clamp. Works well. A shorter wire can be used, easily switched from saw to saw

image-jpg.368546

Latest posts

Back