Best way to tune a Carb...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I have a Walbro HDA 195 carb on my Husky 350.

I screw both L and H in, but it doesn't seem I can go 1 1/4 turns out on either one of them. On the L I get close to a full turn, but on the H I only get about 1/2 turn...anyone else seen this and/or know why?

Hi jet also affects the Lo circuit somewhat on most carbs too, but this ain't rocket science, set the screws at stock 1 - 1.5 out, whatever, then tweak the Hi jet bit by bit between cutting till you like how she's running. 4-stroking is over-rated and unnecessary unless your'e constantly doing looong, looong cuts... You want good chainspeed and plenty of howling revs for best all-round performance. Chainsaw motors are extremely tough and durable, damn near impossible to destroy, don't hold back...

Ok, I have a Walbro HDA 195 carb on my Husky 350.

I screw both L and H in, but it doesn't seem I can go 1 1/4 turns out on either one of them. On the L I get close to a full turn, but on the H I only get about 1/2 turn...anyone else seen this and/or know why?
Solved...limiter caps on the screws...*duh*

Had to disassemble it again to get at them, but took the carb off and have the tabs cut off, and whola, I can screw them all the way in.

I'm leaving the cover on, as many have mentioned in the archives, to keep the screwdriver in the slot, or at least to try and keep it in the slot...lol

Thanks edisto for putting together that great FAQ link, lots of stuff in there about the limiters.

Back