Big Bar Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90 minutes or so, depends on how much ****ing around with **** you do
The biggest tree I ever cut down was about 9 1/2' at the cut but it was pretty badly burned out. It took me at least 3 hours, maybe more. Prior to that the biggest was about 7'. The jump in size doubled the time and work I had to put into that one big tree. Now I rarely fall anything even 60" dbh. 50" is about it.

I couldn't imagine running a saw with some of those bars. The thing must weigh a ton!

From my very little non pro experience, the wood holds the saw. This is especially true if a pilot saw is used. But all those cutters WILL pull you into the wood, and hard if not ready. The main thing I would hate is to haul those monsters up or down the steep slopes the giant trees seem to like to grow on. Oh, and lets not forget the considerable distance they must be brought into the woods. I doubt I could even try today. Its much easier and more fun to haul the saw, 20 foot away from the truck and buck up some giant log at a gtg.

Back