Raffle for AS Member "Tree Monkey" - 30+ prizes worth over $6,000!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put me in this Monkey business...I'll offer the same three choice options as Hoskvarnas' raffle...your choice...New Fiskars X27, new Fiskars X25, or new Logrite 30" Hookaroon.

Sarah, please update when you get a chance and add my choices if you would. Thank you.

Will sling some jingle to the donate site here shortly. I'm kinda behind the power curve coming off a 2 week sentence to ban camp, making big rocks into little rocks. Is what it is fellers.

Hope everything is going good for you Scott...

Sarah, please update when you get a chance and add my choices if you would.

It is done. Thanks for all you do-it's appreciated!!

The List:
1. Mastermind ported MS660 - from @Mastermind
2. Super pretty stock Jonsered 2083II - from @lwhaples
3. Oregon 520 chain grinder NIB - from @Definitive Dave
4. 25 Treemonkey shirts (Assuming these will be 25 separate door prizes) - from @Scott0154
5. 1 fully cooked Smoked Beef Brisket W/homemade sauce & next day air shipping (Feeds 18-20 winner supply's the side fixins of their choice} From @riverrat2 & Wife Suzanne
6. Stihl 026, previously owned by Chity Avitar(RIP) from @dieselfitter.
7. Ducks Unlimited special edition buck knife and sheath from Black River Trading Company- from @svk
8. 100ft roll of Oregon 72LGX chain from the crew at Boyd's Outdoor Power
9. 40" L x 30-42" Stihl chaps from @David Young
10. 10# of Burnett dairy cheese of your choosing (or if you don't know what to get, we'll pick some good stuff for ya), delivered to your door- from the Dodgegeeks
11. Smoked pork shoulder prepared and FedEx'd to your door from @quietfly!
12. 262xp donated by @Onan18, and ported by @jmssaws
13. Lightly Used Stihl Rollomatic ES 25" Guide Bar c/w 2 used but never sharpened 84DL 33RS chains from @GCJenks204
14. Stihl Hoody & Mug (will wait until a winner is selected to order the Hoody to get the right size), style may not be exactly as shown but of equal value from @GCJenks204
15. Bench mounted chainsaw vice from @Mycamaro_68
16. New Holland XL jacket (shipping from UK paid by donor) from @ajschainsaws
17. 288XP donated by Mike Smith/Smith Equipment Repair, Monroe GA. Rebuilt by @Onan18 and ported by @Mastermind (Parts donated by @Spike60 @Onan18 and Hills Ace Hardware and Outdoor Power)
18. Quart of Klotz KL-200 original techniplate oil from Cut4fun
19. Stihl 046 case crank fully powdered and new bearings and good crank shaft ready to add top end and oil pump from @Glock37
20. a 100' roll of Oregon chain from the site owner HL Supply
21. Dolmar branded,3/8 .050 20" small mount Husky Laminated Oregon bar (with half a tank on it) from @exSW
22. 25" 404 .063 stihl mount bar and chain from @psuiewalsh
23. 5/8" Super Scraper (perfect size for saw work) @Black Dog Chainsaw
24. 10 chains a sharpened, 4 to 6 gun blued bars... (Anyone else saying that to the time of the 12 days of Christmas? Bet you are now...) [/USER=534]@S Tebo[/USER]
25. New Spencer Logger’s Tape Model 950DC from [/USER=395]@Greenthorn[/USER]
26. MSA Full brim safety helmet from Philbert
27. $50 towards your purchase at Kunz woodworking.
28. one case of Amsoil Saber 3.5oz. bottles (I mix with 1.1 gal. of fuel for 40:1) shipp to the lower 48. From jk14
29. Handmade butcher block. From Nuno
30. Winner's choice: New Fiskars X27, new Fiskars X25, or new Logrite 30" Hookaroon, from USMC615

GoFundMe - www.gofundme.com/t3vu6cd3

First Dave saw has a problem , not sure WTF to do , use it or not ? Blasted the crud out to see how deep it was . What yous guys think ?

Cleaned up couple plugs while I was playin . LOLView attachment 506044 View attachment 506045 View attachment 506046 View attachment 506045 View attachment 506044 View attachment 506046

Ok, I poked my nose into some metallurgy stuff, closest I found was something called cavitation fatigue.
http://slideplayer.com/slide/3442076/ Should be slide 19.

I'm not really sure what the hell you can do about it, because once you get erosion down to a certain point, it's just a spiderweb of defects waiting to shatter.
If you grind down an area flat and stain it, you are REALLY not gonna like what you see.

Only references I found as to repairs were vacuum impregnation, and nano-ceramic coating. A little too Jimmy Neutron for this crowd. Maybe roust up someone who's good at repairing magnesium or aluminum rims.

Smear some epoxy in there?

Maybe, the 4 wheelers guys crack open their crankcases a bit, and use something like Tra-Bond 2122, or Six10 epoxy for repairs. Biggest consideration would be, will any repair "fail safe", or relatively safe. If a bunch of fuel oil mix blows out the bottom of a crankcase, I don't suppose it's the end of the world. Unless you're in the middle of a forest fire. ;) Having the crank and the piston shoot out at some random direction when going a full 10k rpms, that'd be just a BIT more exciting. :D

Don't really think the bottom end of the crankcase does much in the way of load bearing. Trying to visualize where the load stress would go from the chain, and then back. Nope, no caffeine going. Not a clue.

This saw will eventually be sold to somebody to use, the pics look more gruesome on the computer than on my phone, I am gonna send John a freshly powdered crankcase to use.
MS460

GoFundMe - www.gofundme.com/t3vu6cd3

Lets add a few Tools to the raffle
1.)universal custom CNC stihl style case splitter with adapter nuts, no crazy stihl specific cutouts and will fit near any studs and spacing
and another very clever new tool in my toolbox
2.) decompression valve installer and remover, OEM Stihl tool fits over the valve with narrow wall so you don't have to pull the plastics etc to install and remove valves and plugs
raffle them together as one item.
Dave
IMG_3504.JPG

Back