Borfor Forcat 2000 track skidder ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.Ya ! . Well , I,m pursuing it . As long as there isn,t any import restrictions . I may need to spend a bunch of time in Prudhoe to get some ,nothing going out money to pay for it . But that is a money making rig for me , if ever I saw one ... The trailer is great also , but it looks expensive also .... i wonder how long the tracks last , and how I would put a heater on it ...........

Thanks for the link ... I like the pickup thing as . Being primarily a faller , I,m not into all the money that gets pissed away on HEAVY equipment !!!!! A skidder went by yesterday on a low boy . that was prolly a 2-5 thousand dollar move ... No Thanks !!!!! . My pickup is just great !!!

Thanks for the link ... I like the pickup thing as . Being primarily a faller , I,m not into all the money that gets pissed away on HEAVY equipment !!!!! A skidder went by yesterday on a low boy . that was prolly a 2-5 thousand dollar move ... No Thanks !!!!! . My pickup is just great !!!

Sounds kinda steep to me, around here a lowboy cost from 75 to 95 an hour pluc the price of the permit

Sounds kinda steep to me, around here a lowboy cost from 75 to 95 an hour pluc the price of the permit

Yep, my dad has to drive for an entire week or more to make 2-5 thousand dollars.

You have to walk, but have you looked into an Iron Horse skidder? Not nearly as fancy but probably much cheaper.

That skidder was prolly being moved from the Wasilla/ Palmer area to perhaps Tok or Delta Junction . A 300-400 mile move . Figure a lowboy tractor gets 2 mpg if it,s lucky and diesel is 4.099 a gallon . Plus the driver cost , plus the trip insurance plus the tractor hours plus the trailer hours .. Ya , I would say at least 2k$ . Probably more ....... Are Iron Horse skidders on the web?. I could move a Forcat 2000 in the back of my pickup while going to work a new contract ......

im thinking a sheet or two of 5/8 plywood,maybe a half a sheet of lexan(foor the windshield,back window,and door windows,three four sticks of either light or heavy guage 2x2 tubing,few hinges and self tappers,and i think you could have an enclosed cab in a day or so,thats a neat machine tramp,i hope you get one,it looks bad ass:chainsaw:

This guy looks like he has the right idea . Got a propane heater on it it looks like ..http://www.tremzac.com/client/uploads/84/997264323162413_skidder_logger_12_G.jpg
. The Forcat 2000 with the 27 horse engine is the one I want , not the bigger one with the Perkins diesel ....... The getting bigger and bigger is not what I,m after ...If I can,t load it into my 3/4th ton Dodge it looses alot of it,s appeal to me ..

Maybe you could rig up a heat exchanger for the exhaust so it can blow warm air for you. The old volkswagens had heat like that, basically some sheet metal around a pipe with some flex ducting.

Mr. HE:cool:

Ya , thats a good idea. . Also run a line to the hydraulic resivour . Beins it is all hydraulic drive , gotta keep the fluid warm enough to flow ... It would cause me to get a tight barrel stove and a Cosco vehicle tent .... Park it inside at night and stoke the stove ... Lots of limbs for firewood out there ... Maybe build a portable garage on a trailer that is insulated come summer .. It would be nice to have a warm mobile small shop .... The machine would last alot longer also ....

My trailers for my mowers are all enclosed. Real nice in a downpour or the winter. The mowers run snowplows when we get a storm.

They are a fairly lightweight steel frame with a pre-painted aluminum skin that is screwed on with self taping screws. Inside walls are 3/8" plywood. The floor is 1" subfloor plywood with T&G edges so it is weather tight. My trailers are not insulated, but it would be very easy to put a few inches of foam inside the walls. They are basically like a stickbuilt home and a guy with basic shop skills could put one together very reasonable.

We started putting one together with a propane stove, small counter, water cooler, ice chest and a locking cupboard. It was nice at lunch time, we'd be in out of the weather, cooking a hot lunch, live like kings. If a machine broke down and it could limp back to the trailer there were plenty of tools and it was dry.

Mr. HE:cool:

The local CCC camp had something similar it was made by Bombarier (spelling). You might find one of them for allot less money. One sold at auction locally a year ago. Brought around $3000 it had a six or so ft snow blade and a cab.

Latest posts

Back