Borfor Forcat 2000 track skidder ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever seen the heat tubes for bulldozers. They go in front of the radiator and form a duct that blows the warm air back on to you while you are operating it.
I have put a tarp around me with it blowing under it and just my head sticking out and about baked. I had to rig a string to choke it down to keep it from cooking me.

I looked into one of these before also and the price tag was a little much for me but I'm sure you would get your money out of it in the long run, it was $27,000 when I priced three years ago.

I have talked on the phone to a guy from the company who is makeing or selling them .. They are working on a dealership in Whitehorse , which would save alot in shipping . Tho I would drive the Ford to Quebec to pick one up and drive home ........ If NAFTA either works for me , or at least not against me ............
If something totally goes haywire , I'll have to find some small dozer ..... There is lots of beattel killed spruce that has blown down, "stump rot" . Tho a tractor would have some advantages to my snow machine , it isn,t as limb proof as a dozer or skidder ... And they usually are just as wide .... The narrow ness of this Forcat 2000 is a major asset . . ... There are lots of various tracked vehicles here . some would be great , but none are really as ideal as this Forcat 2000 ..........This is really an ideal machine .....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSbL1K-_f_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSbL1K-_f_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would just go out and find a nice old JD 350 or somthing of that matter. for 27000 you can get a dam nice older dozer.

Ya , that is an option . I know a guy who has a nice little 350 Case , But , I,m not a very enthusiastic mechanic , and I know that I could make it pay .. I mean , how much is a new full size wheel skidder .......// But my niche is it,s small , narrow size .. Same width as my 4 wheeler basically , I can haul it in my pickup .!!!! And it already has a winch and arch on it ..

Forcat

I think they have changed the name to OXTRAC , they have a dealer in Virginia, also in Western Canada. The company that makes it is called Tremzac. I have one of their diesel units and I love the thing . For the size of the machine it can pull logs that are disproportional for the machine. I work in northern ontario and it gets butt cold up here, and I have had no issues starting the machine in cold weather.

A real owner .. Have I got some ? 4 u

I think they have changed the name to OXTRAC , they have a dealer in Virginia, also in Western Canada. The company that makes it is called Tremzac. I have one of their diesel units and I love the thing . For the size of the machine it can pull logs that are disproportional for the machine. I work in northern ontario and it gets butt cold up here, and I have had no issues starting the machine in cold weather.

. I have been talking to Shawn on the phone and a distributer is supposed to call me today . I am hopeing to keep the thing little enough to be affordable . But still and all , even at the retail price it is profitable .( as long as the gub mint doesn't make some law against burning firewood ........ ithica , how long have you been useing yours . Can you post any pics ?????? Is yours the gas powered model or the Perkins diesel model ... I wish they still had the gas powered model available .......Any info would be seriously appreciated .

Come on Ithaca !!

.. Come on buddy , help me out here .. We need info ... It was OX Trac ., they got bought into Forcat as I understand it . They no longer make the nice little Forcat 2000 with the Kohler gas engine . Now they are basically the OXtrac , but called Forcat D36 . They have a 36 horse Perkins diesel in them now . ..... they weigh 1500 lbs more than the little 2000 model ..... Why does every company have to size things out of existance ..... They did that with 4 wheelers and sno gos too .. Oh and the price , now they are 44,000 Canadian . At least NAFTA isn,t screwing anyone if I purchase or lease one ... The company sells a skidder ,so they make another ,which keeps manufacturing jobs going .. I get a skidder , which I wouldn,t if I had to pay 5 or 10 % tarrif on ......... I hate taxes !!!...... I sure did like the little 27 horse model tho . Big old fat square hood on the D36 . :confused: ugly .. Thanks Metals for posting the vid ... I guess they just sold one to some logger in Libby Montana ..... Tarzan , how far are you from Libby ???????

I've had mine for a little under a year now, I do mostly pine stand thinning with it , you can't get a better machine for that , I can skid materials out of very tight plantations and once I've gone through you can't even tell I was there.As for cold it has a block heater , I've never had any starting issues. The glow plug heat time is decided by the operator. Turn the key to the left and hold for as long as you want.
I have never taken the time to get any pictures, but I will try and get some up for you, mine is the Perkins diesel Forcat 36D. As for the Company they have been good to me so far, Shawn did not sell me my unit but I've spoke with him , he seems like a straight shooter. I have gotten quite a few jobs from gouvernment and municipalities because of the low impact .Hope that helps Tramp bushler. :cheers:

I took a pretty good look at the Forcat a couple of years ago at the farm show. They were only making the smaller gas model then. I liked it but I thought it was a bit small and limited for the price. The larger diesel looks like a better deal maybe. So how much does one cost?

. The limited part is what I,m after . If I wanted a great big skidder , I,de buy a used 518 Cat or Medium large size Timberjack ect. . Even the gas model is at least a half cord skidder . As I sell retail . there is only just so much I can turn over and the Forcat will easily log 4 cord a day . Probably 4 cord per hour .. That will more than quadruple my production ... Plus the lower price is real nice ... That $,44,000 Canadian was the price Shawn roughly quoted to me also .... .. I am still very interested in the machine . If they have a lease program and a dealer in Whitehorse , or even Alaska That would be the cats meow ....... I didn,t know it had a block heater .. I,m very interested in the low impact of the machine .... I will prolly be able to do likewise with contracts due to its low impact .... Ithaca ; How big a turn will it yard per turn ..... I am clueless as to what cubic meters is , but what about cords . I spose I should get the Construction Master calc .out and convert m3 to cords ....I really appreciate your replies ... Is the machine paying for itself ...????? Any problems .... What about the tracks ??

Thanks, Ithica.

I'm looking for a low impact vehicle too and that really calls for tracks. I'm torn though between the Forcat (or whatever they are calling it) and a 60 or 70 HP tracked skidsteer, perhaps an ASV. I'm wondering if somebody would like to comment on the pluses and minuses of these alternatives.

The problem with a skid steer is they are designed to work basically pushing forward, lifting and carrying/dumping . And working in confined spaces going forward . . It,s hard to look backwards in a slid steer ... A tracked skid steer is better than a non tracked model , but it is still not a skidder .... A log loader , yes , but not for dragging logs out of the woods where you have to weave your way thru the trees ..... I,ve run skid steers alot ..........

about 15-20 litres of fuel a day, I know that Tremzac will be releasing a model with a quick attach system for the use of front and rear skidsteer accessories. As far as skidsteer vs forcat, well in my experience no skidsteer can pull like my machine even a 70 hp machine would be outpulled, plus even very large forwarders or nuckleboom vehicles will slip and slide going downhill, but because of the hydrostatic system controlling the machine choked with logs it stops dead in it's tracks, there is also an automatic hydraulic cylinder that engages and disengages into the drive sprocket as an emergency brake, simply by pushing on the forward control joystick.

Latest posts

Back