Boston Area Rec. Climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oct 20 is fine with me.

hey bull.. you have access to some gear right? bring a "mini shop" with you and i will gladly show up with some extra loot to trade for some of what you got.

huh? sound like a good idea? i kinda like it.

where you thinkn of this climb O?

oldirty

Gladly!!!

Give me a short list of what is in high demand and Ill bring all I can fit! :clap:

Can't do the 27th its going to have to be the 20th. At a location in the Boston City limits, specifics to be pm'd to those who have shown interest. And of course members of BARC that are in good standing:hmm3grin2orange:

10/20 is good for me. I'll bring an adjustable anchor bridge design I've been tinkering with. Also will have my new folding woods cart which is built to fit in airplane luggage.

Cart under grueling test conditions at 7900 ft. in Colorado:
1332497559_0eb8658eac.jpg

Maybe we can do some of this:
1333392608_278ae63949.jpg

I have a new climber to bring up, they might be along with me. Looking forward to it.
-moss

Last edited:
10/20 is good for me. I'll bring an adjustable anchor bridge design I've been tinkering with.
-moss

Tinker no more moss, DonnyO posted agreat one on the pulley trick thread. I wonder where an old guy like him comes up with these new concepts???:monkey:

Tinker no more moss, DonnyO posted agreat one on the pulley trick thread. I wonder where an old guy like him comes up with these new concepts???:monkey:

He must be hanging over at the Buzz' reading about the "Secret Weapon". In the software world they have "Open Source" development (many contributors working to come up with the best solution). Tree climbers have been doing that long before the term open source was invented. I was talking to DonnyO the other day and he was telling about when he showed up at work with a pulley slack tender a long time ago. Everyone laughed at that "stupid little pulley" below his hitch. He may be a crusty old SOB but he's an innovator.

We'll compare secret weapons at the GTG.
-moss

Last edited:
I talked to the boss man today. The permit process is underway for that site you suggested moss. Should be a great climb.

20th it is.

Works for me. Let me know. I might know of a couple of other climbers who are interested. Is there a limit to participants?

I dont know how open this is to strangers but I would love to climb with some new faces. If there is room for one more let me know please. I'm only in Rhode Island after all.

everyone is welcome, anyone who has shown interest will get a pm for DonnyO (its his gig after all, even though I get stuck with the details!)

standard rec climb rules, no saws or spikes, cambium savers a must.

Last edited:
wicked sweet

Maybe I will show, and if you guys are lucky share some of my own climbing innovations.......by the way can I bring a cooler filled with cold brew, I customarily drink heavily over the weekends.

P.S. willing to teach trade secrets for cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon

DonnyO

I need directions...DonnyO hasnt gotten back to me, maybe if someone can forward me the message and directions...

P.S. willing to teach trade secrets for cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon[/QUOTE said:
I may have to add this to my sig line next:cheers:

Not many people responding to the PM's. looks like me, OTG and moss, with the possibility of rmihalek. The tree is a massive beech which probably suits more advanced climbers anyway.

sorry

The 20th is junk for me working with some firewood and picking up a new splitter in the afternoon. When you guys are having laughs ill be flyin some chips. Dont give up on me just yet ill make it a point to hit one of these rec. climbs and thank anyone involved for the info and invite. Saw on fellas !!!!:cheers:

On it. But are there any of us out there? If you live in southern Connecticut, New York City area, or northern New Jersey, scream it out! I've got no gear, little experience, and a lot of enthusiasm. Work with me.

-Adam o

On it. But are there any of us out there? If you live in southern Connecticut, New York City area, or northern New Jersey, scream it out! I've got no gear, little experience, and a lot of enthusiasm. Work with me.

-Adam o

Start a thread for people in your area. We make it look easy but this group has had lots of growing pains. We're lucky to be in the situation we are in with so many good dedicated rec climbers:clap:

reading this thread is torture. Why must you guys be 3-4 hours north of me?

It's worth it for the ride. I am from central Jersey and made the trip up but layed over in a hotel afterwards. I just wish I could make the trip more often.

It's worth it for the ride. I am from central Jersey and made the trip up but layed over in a hotel afterwards. I just wish I could make the trip more often.

Thanks for the kind words Doug.:rock:

I am working on something for TCIA, I'll post it here when I know more.

Latest posts

Back