Boston Area Rec. Climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10-20-07?

When does the rain stop? Is this something we won't do on a wet tree? If things are too crappy, where do we go for lunch? Too many ?'s ? Let me Know.

We're supposed to have some "a.m. showers." My guess is things will start out a bit slick and then dry off towards noon. I think we'll be fine.

See you folks at 10. If it's raining hard I know of a most excellent place to get cranked up on espresso if you like that and then back to the tree and turbo climb. Or just mellow out with Ol'Dirty who fully understands the rec climbing attitude.

If anyone wants to fill up on breakfast I'll be at Sorella's at Hyde Sq. stuffing my face. Going to try for 8:45-9:00 to sit down, there's no line that early on Saturday. It's just a few blocks from the climb site.
Sorella's map
-moss

great success for B.A.R.C.

Once again Boston shows why we are on the cutting edge of Arboriculture! The usual suspects of myself, OTG, rmihalek, and moss hosted an awesome rec. climb! Glad to meet Rhodyfresh, and Rufus, as well as, Nigel, cameraman et all.

B.A.R.C. will continue to be the #1 recreational tree climbing organization in the entire free world for the foreseeable future! For those of you who are paying attention, you need to attend one of these events! We were able to climb a 90+ft european beech in Boston's esteemed Emerald Necklace in a park designed by Frederick Law Olmstead. The weather was perfect for treeclimbing in the low 70's and we had a good mix of pros and newbies.

We have put a lot of hard work into making it o.k. for us to climb these trees, if you want to come to Boston and climb, please look us up, I promise we will show you a good time.:)

This beech was a beautiful example of a forest-grown tree: very tall and straight with the main spread of the crown at about 65 feet and up. A real great tree to climb, but the heavy growth in the understory led to some throw line entanglement and such. All great fun in a day's tree climbing.

It was great to see Moss, OTGBoston, Tedd (RhodyFresh?), DonnyO and the others there. Rufus needs to sign up here at AS so he can participate in more climbs; he was really soaking it all in.

I look forward to the video...

Last edited:
Here are a few photos. I was too busy hanging ropes and taking care of my new climbers to get more. Nigel and Cameraman shot video, let's see what they come up with. While they were interviewing they introduced me as the world's greatest climber which gives an idea where this video was headed. Clearly DonnyO is the world's greatest climber so the final cut is bound to be full of tall tales and outright lies.

Rhodyfresh surveys the goings on
1720114613_4f7fc2b4ae.jpg

Nigel the wacky Steve Irwin disciple digs the height
1720091323_e699e0201b.jpg

The Thinker contemplating canopy space
1720991386_dc6e416215.jpg

-moss

Last edited:
Back