Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mingo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went to Boonville with the intentions of buying a 576 and got talked into a 576At. Well I put it to work today. It has a 24" Husky Oregon bar which I am not a big fan of and Oregon jg chain. I have to say it's the smoothest saw I have ever run. Put 2 gallons of gas through it cutting 12-24 inch dbh hardwood mostly ash,beech, cherry, hard and soft maple and a little poplar. The saw has a wider power band than the 372 I was running, and doesn't lean out when the gas tank is getting low. When I got it home pulled the top cover the air cleaner was clean looked Like I had never used the saw. I'll post every couple of weeks to give a heads up on how it's doing.

Excellent choice! I do believe the 576 is the smoothest saw Husqvarna has. Atleast thats what I've heard. Seriously, think youve made a wise decision. Super smooth, great power, and fuel effecient. Cant go wrong IMHO. Lets see some pics of that bad boy when ya get a chance. I'll rep ya ASAP.

I have had my 576 almost a year and cut timber with it everyday all day, and now an issue to date. I opened up my muffler and switched the coil with an older non limit coil from my ol 359. Doing those 2 things made it run like a totaly different saw. Ive got it turning a few more rpm than stock though.

Got into some spruce today and the 576 handled really really nice when I was limbing. So far so good. The air filter is very clean after 2 days and 4gallons of gas. Saw has good power but i haven't noticed any big difference in gas consumption over my 372.

Got through the 1st week with the 576A/T. No problems put 7 gallons through it. The fuel consuption seems about the same as the 372's I have. The saw will suck every drop of gas out of the tank and never pick up a rev so the auto tune must be doing it's job. After you fill it up coke it once it pops and then starts on the 3rd pull consistently. Air filter system is best I've ever seen. The saw has good power it may not win a cookie cutting contest but I'm not in the cookie cutting business. It will be interesting to see how A/T system holds up over an extended period of time that really concerns me. Looks like we will be washed out next week thanks to Irene. Oh yea, the 575 had a bigger top handle which I liked better.

So does that mean you're only a Fair Weather Faller? I'll bet that 576AT would run just fine in a downpour.

Looking forward to those pics of your new bad boy.

Just a homeowner here but I have been running a 576xp/at for a little while now with great results. Awesome saw for anything over 20". Cut a load of firewood last year without having to clean the air filter, the anti-vibe is awesome, much smoother saw than anything I have run before including my 346xp. I part with it in the near future as most my wood is under 18". I would really like to start saving for a Mechanical SS style splitter.

So does that mean you're only a Fair Weather Faller? I'll bet that 576AT would run just fine in a downpour.

Looking forward to those pics of your new bad boy.

Looks I am the forester has the job shut down until it dries up. We are back in 3/4 of a mile cutting hard maple don't want to take a chance of putting it on the ground and have it stain if they won't let us skid for a couple weeks.

Just a homeowner here but I have been running a 576xp/at for a little while now with great results. Awesome saw for anything over 20". Cut a load of firewood last year without having to clean the air filter, the anti-vibe is awesome, much smoother saw than anything I have run before including my 346xp. I part with it in the near future as most my wood is under 18". I would really like to start saving for a Mechanical SS style splitter.

I have to agree with you so far but I have only run the saw for a week. I'm a little apprehensive on how the auto tune will hold over time. I thought the 7900's were great when I first got them, until they went sour after a month or so.

Looks I am the forester has the job shut down until it dries up. We are back in 3/4 of a mile cutting hard maple don't want to take a chance of putting it on the ground and have it stain if they won't let us skid for a couple weeks.
Cutting and skidding are quite different. You may have to wait until the ground freezes, that would be months. Not like that where I live, very little rain and rocky ground. Then no hard maple either.

As always, Mother Nature rules.

Cutting and skidding are quite different. You may have to wait until the ground freezes, that would be months. Not like that where I live, very little rain and rocky ground. Then no hard maple either.

As always, Mother Nature rules.

We have have just been bombed by rain the last couple of weeks. First Irene the lot had just dried out so we got the ok to start up on Labor Day. Sunday night we get about 2" of rain and now it is suppose to rain through Wensday with heavy rain 0n Wensday.

Glad you like it. I sure love my 575. Will be stepping into a 576 soon myself. The big handlebar and the filtration system rock. And it is the smoothest saw out there too.

Took part in an educational day for the local foresters and forest workers. Lot of bull there, but anyway, I chatted with a logger who told me he switched into AT this year. I was impressed, the gentleman is 20 years older than I am (and has 30 more years in the bush), yet made me look like an old grumpy man with the prejudices and all... He said AT is a saw like any other saw, he has no illusions anymore, there will never be a perfect chainsaw in the world, it has it's faults.

Well, maybe I'll have to take 20 more years under my belt before reaching that level of open mind.

Got back at it on Monday and the more I run this saw the more I like it. Put about 10 gallons of gas through it so far with no problems. Had to turn the oil ajustment in because it was running out of oil before gas. The oil tank is a little smaller than on the 372. The saw has good power and a bigger power band than my 372's. I really haven't seen any gains in fuel consumption over the 372.

Back