Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the thing is you can cut a quite a bit inch wise with a twenty

Like this 6 1/2 foot red oak on a gasline right of way i cut a couple months ago?...yea i know i pulled the center post out of it but these trees will probably just lay along the right of way and rot forever...some landowners sell there logs, some dont.View attachment 237747View attachment 237748

I bucked up a small , 3/4 cord load of firewood with a 20" bar on my 372 yesterday . It worked great . Nothing big , nice and handy . But I wasn't falling or chaseing .

I guess its a fruitless arguement . A midsize saw should run a mid length bar . Unless your just cutting tiny brush .
But all saws should have a truely sharp chain .

Last edited:
kind of touchy saying this, but a bunch of root flare really doesn't count in stump measures - consider an average of the longest and the shortest diameters measures. ON the good side, I wouldn't downgrade your post fiber pull, since its in the cant.

kind of touchy saying this, but a bunch of root flare really doesn't count in stump measures - consider an average of the longest and the shortest diameters measures. ON the good side, I wouldn't downgrade your post fiber pull, since its in the cant.

Simple as this, u may not..but i do..lol IMO..if i cut it there i measure there...it is what it is.

I would do that on snags if I was getting screwed by the outfit . Alot of our timber is stooled up .
A tree with a diameter of 3 or 4' may have a couple roots that flair out , put the face there , since you scale snags perpendicular to the face you can gain 10 , 20" stump diameter just cutting down into the moss .

183befaa-72a0-cb17.jpg
ya I was able to pick it up Tuesday I haven't got a chance to let it eat I got some piling to do I cut up loads of logs and I'm fortunate to have clean wood right now I'm running the Stihl rsc and it seems to be working well I can't Waite to beat the snot out of this saw

Thats an ok buck out bar but you gotta get some longer bars . And good dogs and full wrap handle bar . . :biggrin::eek2:

The 390 is a good size for a falling saw . It will pull a 42" bar just fine . Bailey's has 32" bars on sale .. give one a try . The saw has an 8 tooth sprocket on it doesn't it . .

I think its bad for a saw to spend too much time over speeding which is what it does with too small a sprocket
And too short a bar .

I plan on getting a twenty four for it but I want to break it in with twenty . Everybody has a difference of opinion on how to break a saw in my opinion is run it as hard as you can

Hammer , do you just look for a dust

Thought that was you.:cheers:

Don't tell me you would have counted all that root flare- if your story has cred it can hold up to the scrutiny! enough tall tales on the job. Say it was a 4 1/2 footer that nobody can discredit and its still a pretty good story!

We call that a cull,

Right of way tree..and yes if i was logging it it would have been butted off till it cleaned up..and it did 10ft up where i bucked it for the trackhoe to move it..and it was still 5ft dia where i bucked it 10ft up.

Latest posts

Back