Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right of way tree..and yes if i was logging it it would have been butted off till it cleaned up..and it did 10ft up where i bucked it for the trackhoe to move it..and it was still 5ft dia where i bucked it 10ft up.

What did you buck it with ? If you had a 24" bar on your saw and it cleared up to sound wood
. You either spent a bunch of time blocking out , or put on a longer bar , or it wasn't 5' thru . . If the saw had the ladies model dogs on it then with a 2' bar you had a max of 23" of cut .
Any precieved benifit in preformance from running a short bar is lost when you have to make extra cuts because your running a short bar .

Thought that was you.:cheers:

Don't tell me you would have counted all that root flare- if your story has cred it can hold up to the scrutiny! enough tall tales on the job. Say it was a 4 1/2 footer that nobody can discredit and its still a pretty good story!

This one outfit I cut for I counted it . They were screwing me over big time . I wouldn't do it if it crossed my leade . I've been 2 boards up on big spruce and still had root flair and moss at the hinge wood .
When I'm getting screwed out of a hundred bucks a day because I don't party with the boss who thinks ha's the greatest . Well ....... Every inch of what I turned in was there. . When your penny inching the stumps ( a bastardization of busheling ) , a conventional face sure does help make a low stump .

Late to the thread, but somewhat on topic. I just picked up the stihl equivalent to the 576AT; the 441CRM. The 'R' has the dual dogs, hi output oiler for big bars, stiffer AV springs and a bigger clutch cover to clear more chips. I haven't been a big fan of newer style saws but this one is pretty strong. I only put a few tanks through it today but even out of the box its quite strong without any muff work or porting. Will be interesting to see how she runs when she's had a few gallons put through. I'm running the 28" ES light bar which balances nice. It weighs about the same as the standard 20" and isn't nose heavy.

The autotune seems to work good, and the stihl one does automatic ignition timing adjustment as well as auto carb adjustment. Retards the timing to start, which is nice since it doesn't rip your arm off no more. Kind of weird to have no 'choke' or 'high idle' switch, but it starts up real easy. The filtration and antivibe are a huge improvement on the old 044's. Im still hanging on to my 044's though.

Shaun

This is what the 044 will do .
IMG_20120516_104144.jpg
Madsen modified 34" Sugi Hara bar . Full skip 3/8 . 75 CJ if I remember right . Pro Teck air filter .
IMG_20120516_104239.jpg

5 lb. Rafting ax . 6 point Mac T

Oh ya , forgot the most important part . Yellow Cedar snag stump . Biggest yellow cedar I ever fell . 96" on the stump . Snag stob . Top had blown out of it about 250 years prior to me falling it . I counted over 1200 years of growth and it had about a 28" hole in the center . I figure it had been standing for at least 1500 years .. it took me 28 minutes to get it to fall . I couldn't get a good face in it as it kept opening up, it had lots of splits in it . I had to wedge the back cut up almost 5"
I made 29 $ for falling it . It was about 70' tall.

Saved from the AT bug right now. A close call it was. I was out for a new light mini saw. At first it looked like all there was available was AT stock. I was already considering going with the flow... Then I found out a dealer had a pile of Husky 346XP's left and they were selling the remaining saws for a special price. And they also offered a fair compensation for my old baby saw. I was beaten into it.

The era screwdriver tuned saws continues. It's probable that the next saw I shall buy is an AT, because there'll be no other option left. I'm not worried about it, though.

The 576a/t started to skip and then slow down like it was ready to seize up shut it down and brought it to the dealer. The crank bearing let go and broke the piston skirt and took the cylinder out. The good news is Husky is going to stand behind it and replace it with a new saw should get it by the end of the week.

Dang mingo that sucks it went down like that. At least husky is giving you another new one.

Mine has picked up some power now. It's still not significantly better than the old 575 was though...and I swear it uses way more fuel. It's thirsty....there again, maybe I am spoiled by the 357XP....it runs a long time on a tank.

Glad Husqvarna is backing it for you Mingo. But WTF is it going to be a week?
Sounds like you should give up logging and start up a Husqvarna / Stihl / Dolmar shop....
Seems to be a need there.

The 576a/t started to skip and then slow down like it was ready to seize up shut it down and brought it to the dealer. The crank bearing let go and broke the piston skirt and took the cylinder out. The good news is Husky is going to stand behind it and replace it with a new saw should get it by the end of the week.

Thats no good brother. You must have a good dealer, If I understand right that saw just likes a month and a couple weeks before it's a year old? How many hours you suspect is on it?

Thats no good brother. You must have a good dealer, If I understand right that saw just likes a month and a couple weeks before it's a year old? How many hours you suspect is on it?

When I first got it my buddy was running skidder and I was cutting and it was being used 6-8 hours a day for about 3 months. Since the middle of December I have been single jacking so it gets used about 4-5 hours a day, and it was down about 3 weeks when the carb and coil were replaced. The only other husky I had crank problems with was a 575 I bought when they first came out.

How many bars have you wore out with it sofar? Ide say it was doing pretty good so far.
I'm real glad for you Husky is fixing it! ! Hows the450) doin? :msp_biggrin:

It came with an Oregon bar ran that for a few months now it has a Woodland Pro which heavier, but is way more durable. The 450 is doing good had to replace the winch master cylinder on the brake side the other day. This does not have the single lever gearmatic set up. It has two levers one to release the brake the other to winch in. It has 2 automotive master cylinders bolted side to side so you can get a replacement at the auto parts store. New one was around $90.

Back