British columbia felling job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shrill is not a good word to use...think....please.

It was laughed at yesterday, by a slob looking vendor, when the usual "Look! A woman carrying an axe!" was made as it is done everytime I have bought an axe, or a hoedad at the swap meet. I said, "And I know how to use it." An aquaintance was nearby and said, "She does." The slob had to save face, and mumbled something about a high, shrill voice=shouldn't have an axe.

I'm sure he wins over a lot of customers. Not..
reminds me of a time i got the wife to bid on a roll of 3/4 cable..........she got it and rolled it to the truck while i bid on somthing else...........she got some funny looks lol. some dude said hey whats a chic gonna do with that.........insert face in palm here.

reminds me of a time i got the wife to bid on a roll of 3/4 cable..........she got it and rolled it to the truck while i bid on somthing else...........she got some funny looks lol. some dude said hey whats a chic gonna do with that.........insert face in palm here.

What I fail to get is why? They have half the world population more or less, that they could win over as customers. Make more money. Yet, they continue to mock us. The Chehalis saw shops are the first two I've ever felt comfortable in. The big one even has TWO restrooms and we can try on clothes in there.

I saw a three log load last Wednesday, was OG Redwood too. Nasty looking resid, first cut was maybe 48", was probably 80"+ at butt. It went to Korbel.
wow, best i ever saw was 4..........they hard to load, trees that big don't sit right on the trailer............like you could get more than two on the bottom but not three.

wow, best i ever saw was 4..........they hard to load, trees that big don't sit right on the trailer............like you could get more than two on the bottom but not three.

One log loads are even more impressive. They used to dig a pit for the truck to back into and then push the log on sideways with a Cat or an A frame of some kind. They didn't have stakes in those days, just cheese-blocks and you had to make your first shot your best.
Notice that this log has been ripped...probably for weight. The small log that they're using for a bumper is called a brow log.
I remember seeing logs loaded like this when I was a kid.

loggingtruck_zpsd8cb16ba.gif

One log loads are even more impressive. They used to dig a pit for the truck to back into and then push the log on sideways with a Cat or an A frame of some kind. They didn't have stakes in those days, just cheese-blocks and you had to make your first shot your best.
Notice that this log has been ripped...probably for weight. The small log that they're using for a bumper is called a brow log.

That's a beer can if I ever saw one....I did see an off road logging truck once coming down the switch backs with one 'stick' and two poles on top. before my falling days. Still lots of big cedar in the BC inlets. Watching a youtude vid the other day "springboard (Canadian style) its a nice shot falling a yellow cedar but click on that and it will show some others.
Redwoods and a nice red cedar called " helping my buddy with a big one" yes brow log ( support log) we use in the snow with beetle wood...using the snags for foundation.. Or beds.

Looks like I'll be doing some of this in the near future, not enough for a self loader, and no short log loaders want to return my calls anyway, sooo, its parbuckle them onto the ole trailer and see if I can make it to the mill without getting arrested... Granted they aren't nearly as big as this but it will still be a good looking load behind a single axle ferd.

Looks like I'll be doing some of this in the near future, not enough for a self loader, and no short log loaders want to return my calls anyway, sooo, its parbuckle them onto the ole trailer and see if I can make it to the mill without getting arrested... Granted they aren't nearly as big as this but it will still be a good looking load behind a single axle ferd.
Lol

That's a beer can if I ever saw one....I did see an off load logging truck once coming down the switch backs with one 'stick' and two poles on top. before my falling days. Still lots of big cedar in the BC inlets. Watching a youtude vid the other day "springboard (Canadian style) its a nice shot falling a yellow cedar but click on that and it will show some others.
Redwoods and a nice red cedar called " helping my buddy with a big one" yes brow log ( support log) we use in the snow with beetle wood...using the snags for foundation.. Or beds.

Do you know Daniel? Helping my buddy with a big one guy?

No clue who the bullbuck was. I know Daniel from a few other sites besides this one.

No clue who the bullbuck was. I know Daniel from a few other sites besides this one.
Don't know lots of guys, lots by name and stories only.
Some I've just seen their gear flying out with their names on and recognize names but may not cross paths working for the same company. could have 6 jobs going so you just shift in and out with that crew. Some guys are to proud to leave the coast either and struggle in hard time's with payments. I work all over as forestry has been back for 5 years now on the coast so I set up a limited company again. to work where I'm from. but in absence of coast falling I had lots of work in seismic and still do. That starts in June when the road bans come off as they wait for the frost to come out of the ground.
much of that is busheling plus 4X4 and side by side rentals
so the money is about $200 more with equipment.
Its been in full boom on the coast though for 5 years.

Daniel is canadiancarguy on here
Oh yeah don't know ...I think i saw the user name?
I think I remember canadiansawguy ? or thesawguy?
That saw guy had a thread and he was claiming he was the one that was first doing the domer with 266 or 670
50 mm???back in 98..think he's from Vancouver area.
I worked with this young guy in tahsis that make a cool video with a good sound track and checked it out on his lap top in camp and said it was on you tube under timber falling but I could never find it. Called " Chips flying squirrels crying"

Back