Broke my SS today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what voltage were you running the splitter at when it broke. Most likely 3 phase 460 or is that 480?:baaa:

I had 124.7 volts on one outlet and 117.4 volts in another. Stir the pot. Popcorn
I have 117 at most of my wall outlets. . . I always wondered why I had a difficult time welding 3/4" steel plate with my Miller 140. . . when I called Miller they said to check the voltage and get back to them. So, I called an electrician and the first one who came out was a drunk, so I sent him on his way. The next guy who came out was from Pakistan Electric over on Fort Street and the Blvd. and he is the one who told me my voltage was low. So now if I have to weld 3/4" steel I have to load up the Miller 140 welder and steel and take it to my brothers house who have 120v at his outlets. Just sayin.

Don't worry - it's in the street as we speaketh. I'm keeping it far away from my Toyota and Fords.

Splitter worked just great this morning, and the kids and I came up with a new chore system. Right now the whole gang goes over and splits for 30 minutes. I've been trying to keep them pushing for speed, but they do this before breakfast, so they trudge along. I tell them that Summer is coming with it's heat and humidity, they better get moving! But they trudge along.

School ends in 3 weeks, and I asked them how they wanted to do the splitting. One wants to do it before breakfast, others after. SO, oldest boy and I will split for an hour before breakfast, tag off to oldest daughter and a younger son, and they will tag off to second son and 3rd daughter. We'll each get in one hour of splitting, but 3 hours total. We should get everything done much faster that way. Got a couple cords to split over at the shop, then about 3-4 at the house - all oak!
couple more kids UNC and you can have a 1st,2nd and 3rd shift.:laughing:

So what voltage were you running the splitter at when it broke. Most likely 3 phase 460 or is that 480?:baaa:

2 phase, but as for voltage..... well....... um..... you see........well, I really don't like to say out loud lest I start another argument - let's just say it's double what the normal household outlet is!! :rolleyes::laugh:

Oh come on guys everyone uses 230v right? and what's these two prong outlets?. what's this 110v stuff that's what we use on construction sites:dumb2:

Latest posts

Back