Bucket rigging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three and a half hours my foot.. not with all that fiasco going on!

I think you need to start thinking inside the box murph.. some of that stuff just looks silly and unnecessary from my perspective.

Just being honest here.

That RC-50 kicks ass man. I would have to admit I think you make more work and risk for yourself by taking such big pieces but seems you get it done with out any issues.

I'm a newbie here, that being said, I agree with the 2 up top. Lots of equipment, and lots of time and rigging effort for an otherwise seemingly easy tree to dismantle safely. It was a nice informative piece though.

We were on the job 4 hours... 1/2 hour for lunch.. all the wood was put across the street at a construction lot for pick up later... not much raking as it all landed on the drive..

Why is that so hard to believe?

We were on the job 4 hours... 1/2 hour for lunch.. all the wood was put across the street at a construction lot for pick up later... not much raking as it all landed on the drive..

Why is that so hard to believe?

OK, first off the fact that you needed (or needlessly employed the use of) a machine to guide those tiny little pieces away from the house.

Wouldn't a zip line work just as well with most of the removal? It seems like alot of guess work in hoping the ground guy's "skidloader op" are thinking the same as You. Did look like You had a close call there on the second cut, But everything worked out.

I like watching Your videos

I don't know but it seemed like you are kinda hard on that bucket Murph. I am reffering to the hard quick stops and I kinda thought some of the rigging was unnecessary myself but what do I know? Looks like you have a good amount of fun though.

Good job Murph....as for Treemandans comments about the bucket, I'm sure it was operated harder before you got it by the A!!@#$ guys! It's just used to being operated like that isn't it? Good video though!:D

There is 100 ways to get that tree down and Murph chose the dramatic way. That allows the po to see what their paying for...kinda like going to the opra but getting to stay at home.I put lots of equipment on a tree also,what is the point of it sitting at home when you can put it on a job and save your back. Good job Murph!

OK, first off the fact that you needed (or needlessly employed the use of) a machine to guide those tiny little pieces away from the house.

needed the machine to get them past the perennial bed.. Did you check oput the rope angle needed to get the bits out on the drive?.. NO WAY to do that by hand. put a porty on a d ring on the bucket for quick on and off with the rope and was able to use the extra power to pull pieces into the rigging, allowing me to pull bucket back from cut before calling for the pull.. provided an added measure of protection for me, though mostly not needed..

this was a fairly simple job, though a copuple of those pieces did get out over the roof a good ways...

you want a little more action??

check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5FpmVPP_8

good to hear from you Dan..

The operator has to be careful and not try to take it if the rope man is not giving him any.. it was not very well coordinated... should have been a lot smoother...

that said, the double overhead rigging points reduce the force and redirect the vector in such a way as to greatly improve the strength of the tree.. at abouot 6000 lbs, I'd guess the rope to be the weak point in that system, especially given the strength of sweet gum...

Back